    from newsgroups. I am using Agent 1.91. I treid uninstalling and
    reinstalling but it didn't seem to help. Any suggestions? TIA

    Lanny
    lankared, Jan 16, 2004

  2. lankared

    Boomer Guest

    lankared, <> wrote:

    > I have had a few computer problems of late and I thought I got
    > them all fixed but I am getting a lot of incomplete files when
    > downloading from newsgroups. I am using Agent 1.91. I treid
    > uninstalling and reinstalling but it didn't seem to help. Any
    > suggestions? TIA
    >
    > Lanny

    Resent your ISP's newsgroups, possibly.
    Or it could just be a problem with the news server.
    Have you contacted them?
    Boomer, Jan 16, 2004

  3. lankared

    Richard Guest

    lankared wrote:

    > I have had a few computer problems of late and I thought I got them
    > all fixed but I am getting a lot of incomplete files when downloading
    > from newsgroups. I am using Agent 1.91. I treid uninstalling and
    > reinstalling but it didn't seem to help. Any suggestions? TIA

    > Lanny

    Missing and incomplete segments are not the fault of the newsreader client.
    That could happen from any number of reasons, none of which you have control
    over.
    If the file is rather new, wait awhile and check it again.
    If you have another news service, compare the listing in both, they could be
    there.

    When a large file is sent in pieces, there is no telling if and when the
    entire thing will be received by YOUR particular server.
    There is also no rule that says a server has to accept any post.
    Richard, Jan 16, 2004