    problems on any other pc.

    Can anyone help me get wireless connected to the missing pc's

    Thanks
    RobFJ, Apr 15, 2010

  2. RobFJ

    Lem Guest

    RobFJ wrote:
    > I've got a laptop running Win7Pro.
    >
    > If I access the network via ethernet cable I can see the three
    > workstation pc's on the network. (That's what I expect.)
    >
    > If I access the same network via wireless I can see just one pc.
    >
    > Internet access works fine from the laptop on either wireless or
    > ethernet connection.
    >
    > All the pc's are in the same workgroup.
    >
    > Two other pc's are running Win7; the other is running XP. There are no
    > problems on any other pc.
    >
    > Can anyone help me get wireless connected to the missing pc's
    >
    > Thanks

    Please supply answers when laptop is connected both wired and wireless:

    1. Is laptop connected via "Homegroup" or "Workgroup"
    2. What is the IP address of the laptop? (run ipconfig /all from
    Command Prompt)

    ....and have to ask: when laptop is connected via wireless, are you
    *sure* that the one PC you see is yours, i.e., are you sure that you are
    connected to your own wireless network?

    --
    Lem

    Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
    Lem, Apr 15, 2010

  3. RobFJ

    RobFJ Guest

    Laptop is connected via a workgroup (both).

    ip address of the wireless connection is 192.168.0.8

    ip address of the ethernet connection is 192.168.0.12

    ....and Yes the other pc is definitely mine - it's my desktop <G>

    RobFJ, Apr 15, 2010
  4. RobFJ

    Lem Guest

    The only other thing I can think of is a firewall setting. Make sure
    that your wireless network connection isn't characterized as a "public
    network." http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee851569.aspx

    Lem, Apr 15, 2010
  5. RobFJ

    RobFJ Guest

    Hi Lem,

    You were right <BG> - it was the firewall, not in windows but in my
    anti-virus software.

    If I switch it off, all the other pc's are there; if I switch it back on,
    they disappear.

    Now I just need to find out what to change in those settings - but that's
    another forum

    Thanks for your help.

    Rob

    RobFJ, Apr 16, 2010
  6. RobFJ

    RobFJ Guest

    Re: Missing Resources on Network - The Solution for Kaspersky Antivirus

    With Lem's help I've managed to trace and resolve the problem.

    I use Kaspersky Internet Security and when I initially set up WAP access,
    KAV automatically added entries into its Firewall settings. For some reason
    it put in a range of IP settings that it would recognise and, by default,
    barred the others.

    I got around it by deleting the wireless connection in windows and, with all
    other pc's switched on, re-established a new wireless connection.

    KAV then picked up the correct IP range and everything is now OK.

    Hope this helps someone else.

    Rob

    RobFJ, Apr 16, 2010