    and brought up IE as well, and still was not able to find the button. So the
    guy took my reservation and turned it into an online reservation to save me money.

    It seems like a security problem, but I thought I'd ask here as well. Any ideas?

    Gualtier Malde, Feb 23, 2008

  2. Gualtier Malde wrote:
    > I just got off the phone with Black Ball ferry which operates a ferry between
    > Port Angeles, WA and Victoria, B.C., Canada. The ferry people have a site for
    > making reservations. The reservation carries a charge of $11.00. I got on
    > Firefox 2.0.0.12 and got their page but was unable to find the button to push to
    > actually make a reservation: http://www.cohoferry.com/reservations.htm
    >
    > I called the company to reserve and found that reservations by phone are $16.00.
    > The patient agent waited until I turned off banner add blocking in Zone alarm
    > and brought up IE as well, and still was not able to find the button. So the
    > guy took my reservation and turned it into an online reservation to save me money.
    >
    > It seems like a security problem, but I thought I'd ask here as well. Any ideas?

    well, its there. Do you not see the image that says "Book
    Now!" See this link on what I see:
    http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=booknowpb4.jpg.

    Clicking on that takes me to: https://www.cohoreservations.com/

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 23, 2008

  3. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >> I just got off the phone with Black Ball ferry which operates a ferry
    >> between Port Angeles, WA and Victoria, B.C., Canada. The ferry people
    >> have a site for making reservations. The reservation carries a charge
    >> of $11.00. I got on Firefox 2.0.0.12 and got their page but was
    >> unable to find the button to push to actually make a reservation:
    >> http://www.cohoferry.com/reservations.htm
    >>
    >> I called the company to reserve and found that reservations by phone
    >> are $16.00. The patient agent waited until I turned off banner add
    >> blocking in Zone alarm and brought up IE as well, and still was not
    >> able to find the button. So the guy took my reservation and turned it
    >> into an online reservation to save me money.
    >>
    >> It seems like a security problem, but I thought I'd ask here as well.
    >> Any ideas?

    > well, its there. Do you not see the image that says "Book Now!" See
    > this link on what I see:
    > http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=booknowpb4.jpg.
    >
    > Clicking on that takes me to: https://www.cohoreservations.com/

    I see it on your image, but not on my page. Even after turning zone alarm
    completely off. It makes me wonder how much other stuff I may be missing.

    Gualtier Malde, Feb 24, 2008
  4. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >> I just got off the phone with Black Ball ferry which operates a ferry
    >> between Port Angeles, WA and Victoria, B.C., Canada. The ferry people
    >> have a site for making reservations. The reservation carries a charge
    >> of $11.00. I got on Firefox 2.0.0.12 and got their page but was
    >> unable to find the button to push to actually make a reservation:
    >> http://www.cohoferry.com/reservations.htm
    >>
    >> I called the company to reserve and found that reservations by phone
    >> are $16.00. The patient agent waited until I turned off banner add
    >> blocking in Zone alarm and brought up IE as well, and still was not
    >> able to find the button. So the guy took my reservation and turned it
    >> into an online reservation to save me money.
    >>
    >> It seems like a security problem, but I thought I'd ask here as well.
    >> Any ideas?

    > well, its there. Do you not see the image that says "Book Now!" See
    > this link on what I see:
    > http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=booknowpb4.jpg.
    >
    > Clicking on that takes me to: https://www.cohoreservations.com/

    It showed up! I was in Documents and Settings>(user)>Cookies and there was one
    from the coho site. I deleted it and tried it again and Book Now showed up. I
    don't know...

    Thanks for the reply

    Gualtier Malde, Feb 24, 2008