    Windows XP Home Edition
    Thanks.

    --

    dale, Aug 26, 2003

  2. dale

    JabberSmith Guest

    "dale" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Following Norton AV instructions to edit changes to the
    > registry by a Trojan:
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\
    > CurrentVersion\Run
    > But there is no ........\CurrentVersion\RunServices to edit.
    > Anyone help me with the missing "RunServices" key ?
    > Windows XP Home Edition
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --

    Dont look for the key, look for the value they are trying to edit (the
    contents of the key).

    Also, check for "runservices" by searching, not the tree, you might find
    your registry has more than one tree that looks the same.

    JabberSmith, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Howdy!

    "dale" <> wrote in message
    > Following Norton AV instructions to edit changes to the
    > registry by a Trojan:
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\
    > CurrentVersion\Run
    > But there is no ........\CurrentVersion\RunServices to edit.
    > Anyone help me with the missing "RunServices" key ?
    > Windows XP Home Edition

    RunServices is a Win9X key. WinNT class OSes (which WinXP is) use
    the "Services" key at HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services instead.

    As Jabbersmith said, look for the value via the "Search" facility.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 27, 2003
  4. dale

    jkara Guest

    Registry key you are looking for would be in "Run" and or "Run Once"
    folders. As far as Run Services are concerned, you can click Start, Run and
    type "services.msc /s" without quote marks and it will show you list of
    running services.

    jkara, Aug 28, 2003