    would even be better.

    Ernie

    , Feb 23, 2006

  2. Alan Guest

    wrote:
    > My computer crashed. I'm missing the following four registery files
    > and would like for someone to send them to me:
    > himem.sys; dblbuff.sys; ifshlp.sys; win.com; win32
    >
    > My computer goes as far as showing the windows 98 picture and then goes
    > into what looks like MS-Dos. I only have available the C and A drives.
    > So, if I have anything Alernatively, if anyone has anything I can put
    > into my A-drive and it will run itself and put in missing files that
    > would even be better.
    >
    > Ernie

    re-install everything. much better than trying to piece your Operating
    system back together.

    Alan, Feb 23, 2006

  3. Tony Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > My computer crashed. I'm missing the following four registery files
    > and would like for someone to send them to me:
    > himem.sys; dblbuff.sys; ifshlp.sys; win.com; win32
    >
    > My computer goes as far as showing the windows 98 picture and then goes
    > into what looks like MS-Dos. I only have available the C and A drives.
    > So, if I have anything Alernatively, if anyone has anything I can put
    > into my A-drive and it will run itself and put in missing files that
    > would even be better.
    >
    > Ernie

    If you have files on the hard drive you don't want to lose, delete the
    windows folder from the command prompt - type del c:\windows then reinstall
    windows 98. Your files should still be there. You may have to reinstall
    some of the programs.

    Tony, Feb 23, 2006