    Not serious ... just curious.

    Bernard.

    ( Using Thunderbird )

    Bernard Rother, Nov 28, 2007

  2. Bernard Rother wrote:
    > Does anyone know why my posts keep vanishing after a couple of days on
    > this group.

    They do? _I_ can see posts under your name from 06, 19, 20, and 26 November.
    But of course that my Usenet sever and my reader.

    > Last post was a suggestion to someone to use a Sensor Klear Pen to
    > clean his sensor ... after using a blower. A day after seeing the
    > post it was gone.

    Apparently not. That's the post made on 26 I suppose and it is cleary not
    "vanished from the group".

    You do know how Usenet works, don't you? Postings don't "vanish", at most
    they can be cancelled but that is highly unlikely in this case.
    I would guess either your Usenet server has some retention policy or your
    Usenet reader has some setting that prevents you from seeing your older
    postings. Nothing about "this group".

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Nov 28, 2007

  3. Bernard Rother wrote:
    > Does anyone know why my posts keep vanishing after a couple of days on
    > this group.
    >
    > Last post was a suggestion to someone to use a Sensor Klear Pen to clean
    > his sensor ... after using a blower. A day after seeing the post it was
    > gone.
    >
    > Not serious ... just curious.
    >
    > Bernard.
    >
    > ( Using Thunderbird )

    I still see them.

    Your ISP's server may be deleting them after a very short time.

    Check deja.com (Google Groups) to see if they're still there.

    SMS 斯蒂文• å¤, Nov 28, 2007
  4. Bernard Rother

    Chris Savage Guest

    On 2007-11-28, Bernard Rother <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know why my posts keep vanishing after a couple of days on
    > this group.

    It depends on the retention policy of your provider. I presume you're
    not reading this on giganews who have a 200 day binary retention, so
    presumably at least that for non-binary groups. If saix.net is providing
    your rec.photo.digital experience you'll have to ask them what their
    retention times are, their website doesn't mention it, or uses some
    other nomenclature.

    --
    Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
    Gateshead, UK land where the soap won't lather?

    Chris Savage, Nov 28, 2007
  5. Bernard Rother

    Bert Hyman Guest

    (Bernard Rother) wrote in

    > Does anyone know why my posts keep vanishing after a couple of days
    > on this group.

    Do you have your newsreader configured to continue to show you
    articles after you're already read them?

    Otherwise, there'd be no reason to see any article, including your
    own, that you've already seen once.

    --
    Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

    Bert Hyman, Nov 28, 2007