    have deleted them, or can you suggest how I could get them back. I have
    tried on different CD players with no success. I am using XP-Home.
    Many thanks in advance.

    jason.p, Dec 4, 2004

  2. jason.p

    Valverdez Guest

    "jason.p" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > After adding photos to a CD with a hundred or so pictures on it using Nero
    > Express as a multi-session, I now find I can only access the new ones, and
    > none of the originals. As I'm not using a rewritable CD, is it possible I
    > have deleted them, or can you suggest how I could get them back. I have
    > tried on different CD players with no success. I am using XP-Home.
    > Many thanks in advance.

    Sounds to me that you didn't close the session after burning the finale
    files. Your comment "I have tried on different CD players with no success"
    sounds about right. You burned in mulit-session so you left the session
    open, did you remember to close the session after your finale additions? If
    not, regular CD Rom's will not read the old session, may not even, in some
    cases, read the new. But it sounds like you just didn't close the session,
    try that, should work fine after that.

    Valverde

    Valverdez, Dec 4, 2004

  3. jason.p

    Eli Aran Guest

    there is a prog called
    "Bad cd repair pro" v.2.1
    it claims to be able to read bad cd's (including scratched/badly burnt ones)
    try it
    another option is a file recovery program such as "Handy Recovery" or "PC
    Inspector" (both are free BTW)
    they go bit by bit and recover the data available of all files including
    deleted ones for examle by emptying the recycle bin or because of virii
    damage...
    they enable you to restore the files (in whatever state they are) to a
    specified location and you can select which files to restore and which not
    to.

    "jason.p" <> ëúá
    áäåãòä:...

    Eli Aran, Dec 4, 2004
  4. jason.p

    Jack Miller Guest

    jason.p wrote:
    > After adding photos to a CD with a hundred or so pictures on it using Nero
    > Express as a multi-session, I now find I can only access the new ones, and
    > none of the originals. As I'm not using a rewritable CD, is it possible I
    > have deleted them, or can you suggest how I could get them back. I have
    > tried on different CD players with no success. I am using XP-Home.
    > Many thanks in advance.

    I don't think that windows likes multi-session disks. Infact, I'm pretty
    sure that it hates them. If only your latest session of photographs
    mounts; try putting the disk in another computer, running a non-M$
    operating system, and then burn them all onto a single session disk.

    Hope that helps!

    Jack Miller, Dec 5, 2004
  5. On 05 Dec 2004, Jack Miller scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > jason.p wrote:
    >> After adding photos to a CD with a hundred or so pictures on it
    >> using Nero Express as a multi-session, I now find I can only
    >> access the new ones, and none of the originals. As I'm not using
    >> a rewritable CD, is it possible I have deleted them, or can you
    >> suggest how I could get them back. I have tried on different CD
    >> players with no success. I am using XP-Home. Many thanks in
    >> advance.
    >>

    > I don't think that windows likes multi-session disks. Infact, I'm
    > pretty sure that it hates them. If only your latest session of
    > photographs mounts; try putting the disk in another computer,
    > running a non-M$ operating system, and then burn them all onto a
    > single session disk.
    >
    > Hope that helps!

    Hogwash, malarkey, and balderdash! (Sorry, Ron.)

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life

    The Old Sourdough, Dec 5, 2004
  6. On 04 Dec 2004, jason.p scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > After adding photos to a CD with a hundred or so pictures on it
    > using Nero Express as a multi-session, I now find I can only
    > access the new ones, and none of the originals. As I'm not using a
    > rewritable CD, is it possible I have deleted them, or can you
    > suggest how I could get them back. I have tried on different CD
    > players with no success. I am using XP-Home. Many thanks in
    > advance.

    Until you finalize the CD, you'll have to use Nero to see what's on
    it. Read the Help on creating and continuing a multi-session CD. Use
    the Nero Multi Mounter to see what you have.You can see all the volumes
    on the disk.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life