    lose everything? Has anyone got any ideas that i can try to salvage the
    partition. It it helps i'm using a laptop with xp, 512mb ram, 1.7ghz
    processor? If anyone needs any more infor please ask. Dave.

    Dodgy Dave, Sep 19, 2007

  2. Dodgy Dave

    old man Guest

    Use the HD manufacturers test utility.
    If there is an unrecoverable error, bin it, and replace.
    www.bootdisk.com has some free tools which 'may' enable you to recover data

    old man, Sep 19, 2007

  3. Dodgy Dave

    Dodgy Dave Guest

    Hi. I used Hiren's boot cd version 9.2 to retreive the partition. I forget
    the program that recovered my drive but its fine now. Will take a look at
    the bootdisk site for future reference as well. Thanks.

    Dodgy Dave, Sep 20, 2007