    What command do I need to type in to correct this? I imagine it's "copy"
    or "expand" something.

    Mark Mandell

    mark mandell, Nov 15, 2003

  2. mark  mandell

    °Mike° Guest

    Error Message: Windows Could Not Start Because of a
    Computer Disk Hardware Configuration Problem

    "Invalid Boot.ini" or "Windows Could Not Start" Error
    Messages When You Start Your Computer

    How to Force a Hardware Abstraction Layer During an
    Upgrade or New Installation of Windows XP

    On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 00:34:52 GMT, in
    <Mwetb.840$>
    mark mandell scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 15, 2003

  3. mark  mandell

    M Mullen Guest

    On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 00:34:52 GMT, "mark mandell" <> wrote:

    |> The message "missing or corrupt hal.dll file" came up after an unsuccessful
    |> booting into Windows XP which I have in a dual boot system.

    Most often this is a path error check your boot.ini

    |> What command do I need to type in to correct this? I imagine it's "copy"
    |> or "expand" something.

    If it is the hal file, transfer it from the cd then you will need to expand it
    something like expand hal.dl_ hal.dll. Then replace it.

    ---
    .-.
    {\('v')/}
    _________`( )'_________
    ^^" "^^
    Lord, please change the laws of the universe for my convenience.

    M Mullen, Nov 15, 2003
  4. mark  mandell

    mark mandel Guest

    wrote:

    > |> The message "missing or corrupt hal.dll file" came up after an

    unsuccessful
    > |> booting into Windows XP which I have in a dual boot system.
    >
    > Most often this is a path error check your boot.ini
    > |>
    > |> What command do I need to type in to correct this? I imagine it's

    "copy"
    > |> or "expand" something.
    >
    > If it is the hal file, transfer it from the cd then you will need to

    expand it
    > something like expand hal.dl_ hal.dll. Then replace it.

    Actually I wound up just reinstalling XP over a new partition I created. It
    seemed that no commands I tried in the Recovery Console worked out.

    Mark

    mark mandel, Nov 15, 2003