    TIA
    Pete

    , Jun 1, 2004

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:mh3vc.227$vK4.174@newsfe5-win...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm not seeing the usual details for a range of filetypes. E.g: Jpegs

    don't
    > show Date Picture Taken or Picture Size. MP3 details are also missing.
    >
    > I should be able to switch this on via the View/Choose Details menu item

    in
    > XP, but the list of options I can see is a very short one, comprising only
    > 6 items. I should, of course, see over 30 possible settings.
    >
    > Does anyone know where they might have gone (and how do I get them

    back)???

    > TIA
    > Pete

    Pete, I believe for those "extra" details to show, your pics have to be in a
    "pictures" folder, not just a standard folder. Same with MP3's. Check in the
    "My Pictures" folder, and in the "My Music" folder, and see if your extra
    details are showing there.

    And if you have a pictures folder *not* in My Pictures, and you want these
    details, right-click on the folder, select "Properties", and then the
    "Customize" tab. Set your template according to the type of files in the
    folder (i.e., same with music, videos, etc.)

    Also, I think if you have "mixed" content, the extra details may be
    disabled, or will only show for what was put in the folder first.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 2, 2004