    restart". Restarting does't change anything. If I boot up with the
    installation disk in the CD drive, I have no problems. How do I correct this
    problem? Any help would be appreciated.

    Joe Stewart, Nov 26, 2007

  2. Joe Stewart

    Theo Guest

    Look in your root directory and see if NTLDR is there. If
    not you can copy it from the installation CD. It's in the
    'I386' directory.

    Theo, Nov 26, 2007

  3. Joe Stewart

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Make sure there is no disk in the DVD, CD, or floppy drive.

    Enter the system BIOS on startup and make sure the correct drive is selected
    as the boot drive.

    Check the boot.ini entries to be sure the entries are correct for your
    configuration. There is an article in the MSKB on this.

    ,,, and what Theo said.

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Nov 26, 2007
  4. Joe Stewart

    Carlos Guest

    Joe,
    Here you will find a nice tutorial about your problem.
    http://tinyempire.com/shortnotes/files/ntldr_missing.htm
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 26, 2007
  5. Joe Stewart

    Guest

    On Nov 26, 11:48 am, Carlos <> wrote:
    > Joe,
    > Here you will find a nice tutorial about your problem.http://tinyempire.com/shortnotes/files/ntldr_missing.htm
    > Carlos
    >
    > "Joe Stewart" wrote:
    > > I just installed Win XP Pro x64 after a complete format. When I boot up I
    > > receive the following message - "NTLDR is missing" "press ctl-alt-del to
    > > restart". Restarting does't change anything. If I boot up with the
    > > installation disk in the CD drive, I have no problems. How do I correct this
    > > problem? Any help would be appreciated.

    That was the one someone in the group suggested when I had the same
    problem. It sure saved my arse.

    , Nov 27, 2007