    Out of curiosity has anyone else missed out? Or does MS hate me? :)

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Oct 13, 2004

  2. AD.

    Ryan_Jacobs Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:28:08 +1300, "AD." <> provided
    this moment of wisdom:

    >Fulfilling my duties as diligent IT slave I subscribe to MS security
    >bulletins (yes and the Debian and OpenBSD ones too).
    >
    >This latest monthly roundup of fixes I hear about on the web doesn't seem
    >to have turned up in my email, and as far as I can tell the spam filter
    >didn't eat it either.
    >
    >Out of curiosity has anyone else missed out? Or does MS hate me? :)
    >
    >Cheers
    >Anton

    Yep, same here. I didn't get my usual monthly email. Fortuneately, I
    diarised "Black Wednesday" - so I was ready :)

    /Begin Sig
    Welcome to RJ's house of idiots
    #1. Redbaiter - the puppet - dances when I say so!
    #2. Harry the troll - enuff said!
    #3. Mr Scebe - still wearing my cum on his face!
    #4. <Position vacant>
    /End Sig
    Ryan_Jacobs, Oct 13, 2004

  3. AD.

    JohnO Guest

    "AD." <> wrote in message
    > Fulfilling my duties as diligent IT slave I subscribe to MS security
    > bulletins (yes and the Debian and OpenBSD ones too).
    >
    > This latest monthly roundup of fixes I hear about on the web doesn't seem
    > to have turned up in my email, and as far as I can tell the spam filter
    > didn't eat it either.
    >
    > Out of curiosity has anyone else missed out? Or does MS hate me? :)
    >
    > Cheers
    > Anton

    Yes Anton, unfortunately your unwise association with Linux has lead to your
    inclusion on the MS erasure list.

    They've completed the removal of your notification subscriptions, and are
    about to move onto your bank accounts and credit cards.

    It's been nice knowing you.

    :)
    JohnO, Oct 13, 2004
  4. AD.

    JohnO Guest

    "JohnO" <> wrote in message

    > "AD." <> wrote in message
    > > Fulfilling my duties as diligent IT slave I subscribe to MS security
    > > bulletins (yes and the Debian and OpenBSD ones too).
    > >
    > > This latest monthly roundup of fixes I hear about on the web doesn't

    seem
    > > to have turned up in my email, and as far as I can tell the spam filter
    > > didn't eat it either.
    > >
    > > Out of curiosity has anyone else missed out? Or does MS hate me? :)
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > > Anton

    > Yes Anton, unfortunately your unwise association with Linux has lead to

    your
    > inclusion on the MS erasure list.
    >
    > They've completed the removal of your notification subscriptions, and are
    > about to move onto your bank accounts and credit cards.
    >
    > It's been nice knowing you.
    >
    > :)

    You too, Jacobs.
    JohnO, Oct 13, 2004
  5. "AD." <> wrote in message
    > Fulfilling my duties as diligent IT slave I subscribe to MS security
    > bulletins (yes and the Debian and OpenBSD ones too).
    >
    > This latest monthly roundup of fixes I hear about on the web doesn't seem
    > to have turned up in my email, and as far as I can tell the spam filter
    > didn't eat it either.
    >
    > Out of curiosity has anyone else missed out? Or does MS hate me? :)
    >
    > Cheers
    > Anton

    Hi Anton - can you please let me know if this has since turned up ? If not
    I'll chase the people in the US who push the Great Big Security Email Button
    and find out what went wrong

    thanks .............. Brett
    Brett Roberts, Oct 13, 2004
  6. AD.

    Ryan_Jacobs Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:31:24 +1300, "JohnO" <> provided
    this moment of wisdom:

    >"JohnO" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "AD." <> wrote in message
    >> > Fulfilling my duties as diligent IT slave I subscribe to MS security
    >> > bulletins (yes and the Debian and OpenBSD ones too).
    >> >
    >> > This latest monthly roundup of fixes I hear about on the web doesn't

    >seem
    >> > to have turned up in my email, and as far as I can tell the spam filter
    >> > didn't eat it either.
    >> >
    >> > Out of curiosity has anyone else missed out? Or does MS hate me? :)
    >> >
    >> > Cheers
    >> > Anton

    >> Yes Anton, unfortunately your unwise association with Linux has lead to

    >your
    >> inclusion on the MS erasure list.
    >>
    >> They've completed the removal of your notification subscriptions, and are
    >> about to move onto your bank accounts and credit cards.
    >>
    >> It's been nice knowing you.
    >>
    >> :)
    >>

    >You too, Jacobs.

    Hey!

    I don't have an unwise association with Linux. My only unwise
    association is with MS :)

    #1. Redbaiter - the puppet - dances when I say so!
    #2. Harry the troll - enuff said!
    #3. Mr Scebe - still wearing my cum on his face!
    #4. <Position vacant>
    /End Sig
    Ryan_Jacobs, Oct 13, 2004
  7. AD.

    AD. Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:34:16 +1300, Brett Roberts wrote:

    > Hi Anton - can you please let me know if this has since turned up ? If not
    > I'll chase the people in the US who push the Great Big Security Email
    > Button and find out what went wrong

    Thanks for the reply Brett, nope it hasn't turned up yet.

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Oct 13, 2004
  8. AD.

    AD. Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:30:46 +1300, JohnO wrote:

    > Yes Anton, unfortunately your unwise association with Linux has lead to
    > your inclusion on the MS erasure list.
    >
    > They've completed the removal of your notification subscriptions, and are
    > about to move onto your bank accounts and credit cards.
    >
    > It's been nice knowing you.

    uh oh, the men in the white coats from the Lunix asylum are here already!

    <runs for the fire exit>
    AD., Oct 13, 2004
  9. AD.

    JohnO Guest

    "Ryan_Jacobs" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:31:24 +1300, "JohnO" <> provided
    > this moment of wisdom:
    >

    > >"JohnO" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "AD." <> wrote in message

    > >seem

    filter

    > >> Yes Anton, unfortunately your unwise association with Linux has lead to

    > >your
    > >> inclusion on the MS erasure list.
    > >>
    > >> They've completed the removal of your notification subscriptions, and

    are
    > >> about to move onto your bank accounts and credit cards.
    > >>
    > >> It's been nice knowing you.
    > >>
    > >> :)
    > >>

    > >You too, Jacobs.
    > >

    > Hey!
    >
    > I don't have an unwise association with Linux. My only unwise
    > association is with MS :)

    Unfortunately a buffer overrun on the erasure selection program caused your
    name to go on the list instead of Steve Withers. That bug has been corrected
    now - you may have noticed that Withers hasn't posted recently....
    JohnO, Oct 13, 2004
  10. "AD." <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:34:16 +1300, Brett Roberts wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Anton - can you please let me know if this has since turned up ? If
    >> not
    >> I'll chase the people in the US who push the Great Big Security Email
    >> Button and find out what went wrong

    > Thanks for the reply Brett, nope it hasn't turned up yet.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Anton

    Just as I posted the message above I realised that mine hadn't arrived
    either however it's just turned up in the last 60 seconds. My guess is that
    your's will also surface soon. I know that the number of people in the email
    database is literally a 7 digit number so there is a finite lag between the
    GBSEB being pushed and the email being processed and arriving in your inbox

    Brett
    Brett Roberts, Oct 13, 2004
  11. AD.

    AD. Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:09:31 +1300, Brett Roberts wrote:

    > Just as I posted the message above I realised that mine hadn't arrived
    > either however it's just turned up in the last 60 seconds. My guess is
    > that your's will also surface soon. I know that the number of people in
    > the email database is literally a 7 digit number so there is a finite lag
    > between the GBSEB being pushed and the email being processed and arriving
    > in your inbox

    Cheers, I had a feeling it might be something like that. I guess the
    database doesn't exactly get smaller each month either.

    I like to read them before the journalists butcher them though :)

    Anton
    AD., Oct 13, 2004
  12. AD.

    Ryan_Jacobs Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:18:16 +1300, "AD." <> provided
    this moment of wisdom:

    >On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:09:31 +1300, Brett Roberts wrote:
    >
    >> Just as I posted the message above I realised that mine hadn't arrived
    >> either however it's just turned up in the last 60 seconds. My guess is
    >> that your's will also surface soon. I know that the number of people in
    >> the email database is literally a 7 digit number so there is a finite lag
    >> between the GBSEB being pushed and the email being processed and arriving
    >> in your inbox

    >Cheers, I had a feeling it might be something like that. I guess the
    >database doesn't exactly get smaller each month either.
    >
    >I like to read them before the journalists butcher them though :)
    >
    >Anton

    Aint that the truth! It's about this time each month that a few
    alledged "journalists" start ripping into MS because they patched
    their OSs. The same aledged "journalists" complain if MS doesn't patch
    the OSs.

    Sheesh!

    #1. Redbaiter - the puppet - dances when I say so!
    #2. Harry the troll - enuff said!
    #3. Mr Scebe - still wearing my cum on his face!
    #4. <Position vacant>
    /End Sig
    Ryan_Jacobs, Oct 13, 2004
  13. AD.

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:25:00 +1300, Ryan_Jacobs wrote:

    > Aint that the truth! It's about this time each month that a few
    > alledged "journalists" start ripping into MS because they patched
    > their OSs. The same aledged "journalists" complain if MS doesn't patch
    > the OSs.

    Patching/improvements are a fact of life. Get used to it.
    Gordon, Oct 13, 2004
  14. AD.

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:48:27 +1300, AD. wrote:

    > uh oh, the men in the white coats from the Lunix asylum are here already!
    >
    > <runs for the fire exit>

    Silly bugger! The Penguin has more sense than that. For there are checks
    and balances all over the place.
    Gordon, Oct 13, 2004
  15. AD.

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:35:23 +1300, Ryan_Jacobs wrote:

    > I don't have an unwise association with Linux. My only unwise
    > association is with MS :)

    So who is the idiot here then?
    Gordon, Oct 13, 2004
  16. AD.

    Ryan_Jacobs Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:29:15 +1300, Gordon <>
    provided this moment of wisdom:

    >On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:35:23 +1300, Ryan_Jacobs wrote:
    >
    >> I don't have an unwise association with Linux. My only unwise
    >> association is with MS :)

    >So who is the idiot here then?

    You are.

    Thanks for your input.

    BTW, did YOU see the smiley?

    #1. Redbaiter - the puppet - dances when I say so!
    #2. Harry the troll - enuff said!
    #3. Mr Scebe - still wearing my cum on his face!
    #4. <Position vacant>
    /End Sig
    Ryan_Jacobs, Oct 13, 2004
  17. AD.

    Ryan_Jacobs Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:26:14 +1300, Gordon <>
    provided this moment of wisdom:

    >On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:25:00 +1300, Ryan_Jacobs wrote:
    >
    >> Aint that the truth! It's about this time each month that a few
    >> alledged "journalists" start ripping into MS because they patched
    >> their OSs. The same aledged "journalists" complain if MS doesn't patch
    >> the OSs.

    >Patching/improvements are a fact of life. Get used to it.

    You just don't have a clue do you! Reread what I said and then shove
    your stupidity up your ass.

    #1. Redbaiter - the puppet - dances when I say so!
    #2. Harry the troll - enuff said!
    #3. Mr Scebe - still wearing my cum on his face!
    #4. <Position vacant>
    /End Sig
    Ryan_Jacobs, Oct 13, 2004
  18. AD.

    AD. Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:34:16 +1300, Brett Roberts wrote:

    > Hi Anton - can you please let me know if this has since turned up ? If not
    > I'll chase the people in the US who push the Great Big Security Email
    > Button and find out what went wrong

    They have turned up now - my feeling of rejection is lifting :)

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Oct 13, 2004
  19. AD.

    Ryan_Jacobs Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 18:41:04 +1300, "AD." <> provided
    this moment of wisdom:

    >On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:34:16 +1300, Brett Roberts wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Anton - can you please let me know if this has since turned up ? If not
    >> I'll chase the people in the US who push the Great Big Security Email
    >> Button and find out what went wrong

    >They have turned up now - my feeling of rejection is lifting :)
    >
    >Cheers
    >Anton

    Same. Mine arrived around 5pm. I feel so much better now - at least
    Bill still loves me :)

    #1. Redbaiter - the puppet - dances when I say so!
    #2. Harry the troll - enuff said!
    #3. Mr Scebe - still wearing my cum on his face!
    #4. <Position vacant>
    /End Sig
    Ryan_Jacobs, Oct 13, 2004
  20. AD.

    Max Burke Guest

    > AD. scribbled:
    > Fulfilling my duties as diligent IT slave I subscribe to MS security
    > bulletins (yes and the Debian and OpenBSD ones too).
    > This latest monthly roundup of fixes I hear about on the web doesn't
    > seem to have turned up in my email, and as far as I can tell the spam
    > filter didn't eat it either.
    > Out of curiosity has anyone else missed out? Or does MS hate me? :)

    All three security bulletins arrived in my inbox at 05:44 UTC

    All relevant updates (just 2 out of the 20) downloaded and installed
    successfully.

    NOTE: If you have MS Office installed, dont forget about the update for
    Office....
    http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate/maincatalog.aspx?lc=en-au

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Oct 13, 2004