    the top of the workbook but when they try to open it they receive a file path
    error & when I search the server the file is nowhere to be found. Can anyone
    help me with this please?
    Chris Lister, Mar 16, 2010

  2. This isn't a 64-bit issue, and could happen at any point with an office
    document saved to a network UNC point. There are any number of possible
    causes, including user error as the single most likely cause. But it's also
    possible, especially if working on the file from a wirelessly connected
    workstation, to have an interruption in network connectivity cause the loss.

    The recovery can be accomplished either by restoring a backup or, in some
    cases, by finding the temporary file that Office creates while you're
    working on the document and renaming it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 16, 2010

  3. Re: This is not a 64-bit issue, and could happen at any point with an

    My customer site is seeing this also. local user folder is stored on server, recent file list shows all the documents they have edited, but they no longer exist as of the 17th.
    Server 2008 R2, seems to only affect office file types and pdf's.

    Tamara Traylor, Nov 22, 2010
  4. Chris Lister

    Jason Guest

    Re: This is not a 64-bit issue, and could happen at any point withan

    try office ng or server

    quoted lines
    Jason, Nov 23, 2010