    Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    John
    John Smith, Nov 27, 2004

  2. John Smith

    Nik Schlein Guest

    could be a corrupt font. Or a font that isn't made right.

    Nik Schlein, Nov 27, 2004

  3. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    If so - suddenly got corrupt fonts - how to put to right?

    Incidentally he experimented with Word/Ariel and Word/TNR = faults with
    both...
    whereas Outlook Express /Ariel and Microsoft Excel =OK with both.
    -----------------

    John Smith, Nov 27, 2004
  4. best to check the default font, then in \windows\fonts check each one using
    view.. it will tell you one is bad
    when you try to open them..

    Mohawk Brewing, Nov 27, 2004
  5. John Smith

    Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:07:47 -0000, "John Smith"
    <> wrote:

    |> Interesting matter. Friend suddenly started to get problems with certain
    |> keystrokes....
    |> Using Microsoft Word its mainly the vowels i,u,a and o that omit to type
    |> when he's doing text, but, surprisingly when using Outlook Express this does
    |> not pose a prob.

    Prank? Check auto-correct and see if those letters don't have
    replacements.
    , Nov 27, 2004
  6. John Smith

    Toolman Tim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    | On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:07:47 -0000, "John Smith"
    | <> wrote:
    |
    ||> Interesting matter. Friend suddenly started to get problems with certain
    ||> keystrokes....
    ||> Using Microsoft Word its mainly the vowels i,u,a and o that omit to type
    ||> when he's doing text, but, surprisingly when using Outlook Express this
    does
    ||> not pose a prob.
    |
    | Prank? Check auto-correct and see if those letters don't have
    | replacements.

    Oh...now *that* would be cruel!!! Heh heh...hafta remember that for the
    office...

    My favorite was to take a print-screen of the desktop, make that picture the
    wallpaper, and turn off the icons on the desktop. People click *forever* and
    nothin' happens <EG>

    Second best (before Blaster, of course) was to put a shut down command in
    the startup folder...
    Toolman Tim, Nov 27, 2004
  7. John Smith

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 15:06:50 -0800 "Toolman Tim"
    used 27 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    >Oh...now *that* would be cruel!!! Heh heh...hafta remember that for the
    >office...
    >
    >My favorite was to take a print-screen of the desktop, make that picture the
    >wallpaper, and turn off the icons on the desktop. People click *forever* and
    >nothin' happens <EG>
    >
    >Second best (before Blaster, of course) was to put a shut down command in
    >the startup folder...

    I used to put shell=taskman.exe in the system.ini file (pre-XP OS's)

    That screwed them up pretty good.

    Another favorite of mine was winnuke, it would DoS Win 95 machines and
    blue screen 'em.

    --
    -Graham

    Remove the 'snails' from my email
    G. Morgan, Nov 28, 2004
  8. John Smith

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    | On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 15:06:50 -0800 "Toolman Tim"
    | used 27 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    |
    | >Oh...now *that* would be cruel!!! Heh heh...hafta remember that for the
    | >office...
    | >
    | >My favorite was to take a print-screen of the desktop, make that picture
    the
    | >wallpaper, and turn off the icons on the desktop. People click *forever*
    and
    | >nothin' happens <EG>
    | >
    | >Second best (before Blaster, of course) was to put a shut down command in
    | >the startup folder...
    |

    | I used to put shell=taskman.exe in the system.ini file (pre-XP OS's)
    |
    | That screwed them up pretty good.
    |
    | Another favorite of mine was winnuke, it would DoS Win 95 machines and
    | blue screen 'em.

    Haven't heard about that one...but I've switched shells too. Guys who just
    got used to W95, I'd make it look like 3.1 some days just for fun...they'd
    think it was broke!
    Toolman Tim, Nov 28, 2004