    cheers for any advice, I am using internet explorer so it must be somewehere
    on the PC, I have to open it by going through MSN Messenger and checking my
    mail, using that link to force open IE.
    Quiz Time, Dec 29, 2005

  2. Quiz Time

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:49:09 GMT, Quiz Time wrote:

    >I don't know what I've done to my PC, but my Internet Explorer and Outlook

    Login as a different user(administrator), check if the menu is okay. You
    can copy the icons one at a time to the other profile. I said 1 at a
    time just to be safe.

    >Express icons are missing! I managed to create a shortcut for OE but can't
    >manage it for IE, can't find it anywhere on my pc. not even using the search

    So you can't find IE, you searched for?

    Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/where_are_the_desktop_icons.htm

    >when I press on start. Win XP

    You could try Add/Remove Programs and Add/Remove Windows Components.

    Search some of the XP sites like
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/
    http://aumha.org/

    Check the registry fixes / tweaks
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_reg_edits.htm

    >cheers for any advice, I am using internet explorer so it must be somewehere
    >on the PC, I have to open it by going through MSN Messenger and checking my
    >mail, using that link to force open IE.

    Me
    why?, Dec 29, 2005

  3. Quiz Time

    Quiz Time Guest

    Thanks, I went to add windows components and sure enough they were unticked,
    and they got added to my list of program files, thanks!

    Also the PC is actually asking me to sign in everytime i reboot now, its got
    my nickname and i know my default password, i think i set that password in
    the bios, anyways, it never used to ask me to sign in when i turned the pc
    on before, it just usually loaded all up without any choice of account or
    password. how do i reset it so it goes back to not asking me to sign in
    again, and what is the administrator? i once saw administrator as an option
    but i must of removed it.
    Quiz Time, Dec 29, 2005
  4. Quiz Time wrote:

    > Thanks, I went to add windows components and sure enough they were
    > unticked, and they got added to my list of program files, thanks!
    >
    > Also the PC is actually asking me to sign in everytime i reboot now, its
    > got my nickname and i know my default password, i think i set that
    > password in the bios, anyways, it never used to ask me to sign in when i
    > turned the pc on before, it just usually loaded all up without any choice
    > of account or password. how do i reset it so it goes back to not asking me
    > to sign in again, and what is the administrator? i once saw administrator
    > as an option but i must of removed it.

    Do you still have the original box your pc came with? Looks like you will
    have to return the pc ... for the same reason you have to give back or sell
    a car you won at a lottery, when you have no drivers license.
    Linux 2.6.12-mm2 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, Dec 29, 2005
  5. Quiz Time

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:42:07 GMT, Quiz Time wrote:

    >Thanks, I went to add windows components and sure enough they were unticked,
    >and they got added to my list of program files, thanks!
    >
    >Also the PC is actually asking me to sign in everytime i reboot now, its got

    When, before Windows starts?

    If so, then RTFM for your motherboard.

    >my nickname and i know my default password, i think i set that password in
    >the bios, anyways, it never used to ask me to sign in when i turned the pc

    The BIOS password has nothing to do with the Windows password where you
    press Ctrl-Alt-Del to login to Windows.

    >on before, it just usually loaded all up without any choice of account or
    >password. how do i reset it so it goes back to not asking me to sign in

    The Net framework update was installed, it creates a 2nd account, then
    you need to login on the Welcome screen.

    In 24HSHD, from previous posts
    http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

    >again, and what is the administrator? i once saw administrator as an option
    >but i must of removed it.

    As mentioned take the PC back to the shop.

    Me
    why?, Dec 30, 2005