    The most pressing need is to get back the 38GB. I can not reformat as it
    contains windows. So how do I get Win 98 to recogcnise the rest of my HD.
    Many Thanks

    Jenimer, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Hi.

    1. Did you use Fdisk to fromat the partition?
    2. You can also try right clicking on My Computer . Manage . You will see
    another Dialog: Computer Management. Select Disk Mangement,
    Click on that and you will see your drives C, CD/CDRW and any unpartition
    space on your your drive.
    Click on the the upartition space and format it.
    3. Check your BIOS also to see if your HD is recognized
    at its full capacity.
    4. Download The trial Copy of PartitionMagic if all else fails and install
    it.

    Hope This Helps!

    Kim And John Holtz, Jun 23, 2003

  3. Jenimer

    Jenimer Guest

    Thanks everybody I will give it a try

    Jenimer, Jun 23, 2003
  4. Jenimer

    °Mike° Guest

    How to Use the Fdisk Tool and the Format Tool to Partition
    or Repartition a Hard Disk
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;255867

    Unable to Delete a Partition or Logical DOS Drive Using the
    Fdisk Utility
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;261473

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 07:33:58 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bd6ah5$psv$>
    Jenimer scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD