    appreciate any help please.

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Feb 5, 2004

  2. Terry Pinnell

    Boomer Guest

    Terry Pinnell, <> wrote:

    > Second posting, as the first seems to have vanished into
    > electronic limbo.
    >
    > -------
    >
    > I just noticed on an old PC of mine, running under W95, that the
    > font MS Serif is not available in various applications'
    > drop-down list. Yet the file is in the \windows\fonts folder.
    >
    > Following Help's instructions on how to add a new font comes
    > quickly to a dead end, as a message appears telling me it's
    > already installed.
    >
    > Not sure if this is a quirk special to W95, or more general, but
    > would appreciate any help please.

    Hi

    You can find the replies here:

    http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

    Boomer, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Boomer <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >You can find the replies here:
    >
    >http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

    Many thanks. As it happens, I decided to try that before seeing your
    post, and found yours and Mike's. Studying them now.

    -------

    OT:
    For those interested in this sort of newsreader quirk, it looks like
    my Agent newsreader was rejecting that post based on its subject. I
    checked my filters and found one that's been there since I pasted it
    in from some expert source maybe 6 or 7 years ago. I couldn't properly
    interpret - it's a black art to me.

    subject: %{[ A-Z0-9]*[%$]+[ A-Z0-9]*}

    But I disabled it anyway and downloaded a chunk of sample headers
    again. Agent now downloaded a reply (Boomer's). Seems to confirm my
    suspicion that those single quotes in my subject were somehow
    responsible. But darned if I can see precisely how...

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Feb 6, 2004