Missing files please help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by kevin, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. kevin

    kevin Guest

    I am thankful for assistance on this matter!

    According to my Symantec WinDoctor there are some problems that WinDoctor
    could not fix, I believe this is my problem when I can't get DVDs to work or
    Front Page to start. When I try to reinstall Front Page, no install programs
    would begin either from "my computer" window or autorun. Below are the
    missing files according to WinDoctor

    Missing File: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\Run
    Time\0701\Intel\| "C:\Program Files\Common
    Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0701\Intell32\DotNetInstaller.exe"
    cannot access a necesary file, "mscoree.dll." Missing File: "C:\Program
    Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkscal.exe" "C:\Program
    Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkscal.exe" cannot access a
    necessary file, "imm.32dll." Missing File: "C:\Program Files\Movie
    Maker\moviemk.exe" "c:\Program Files\Movie Maker\moviemk.exe" cannot access
    a necessary file, "imm32dll." Missing File: "C:\Program
    Files\Sonic\myDVD\MyDVD.exe" "C:\Program Files\Sonic\MyDVD\MyDVD.exe" cannot
    access a necessary file, "imm32.dll"

    kevin, Jul 27, 2004

  2. kevin

    biteme Guest

    try cleaning the DVD\CD drive(s) & disks
    turn off windoc

    biteme, Jul 27, 2004

  3. kevin

    James Guest

    First use Symantec WinDoctor it should have a undo feature this could be the
    problem, it might have deleted them

    or you Could have a virus,
    get ALL the security updates www.windowsupdate.microsoft.com if not already
    (need to check at least twice), including Microsoft office SP3 from
    www.office.microsoft.com

    then Run antivirus software

    If that does not work then try to use system restore.

    If you still have this problem I suggest doing a clean install of your OS,
    remember to get all security updates BEFORE you use email software or browse
    any internet sites

    James, Jul 27, 2004