    missing. Repeatedly pushing enter gets it up and running. Unfortunately I
    have not got any installation discs. Is there a repair program I can
    download?
    Freddy, Nov 7, 2004

  2. Freddy

    Gray Ghost Guest

    Freddy wrote:
    > On windows 98, after removing a truckload of bugs, and a virus or two -
    > computer works fine apart from start up. Screen says various files are
    > missing. Repeatedly pushing enter gets it up and running. Unfortunately I
    > have not got any installation discs. Is there a repair program I can
    > download?

    What files does it say are missing?
    Gray Ghost, Nov 7, 2004

  3. Freddy

    Freddy Guest

    "Gray Ghost" <> wrote in message
    > Freddy wrote:
    >> On windows 98, after removing a truckload of bugs, and a virus or two -
    >> computer works fine apart from start up. Screen says various files are
    >> missing. Repeatedly pushing enter gets it up and running. Unfortunately I
    >> have not got any installation discs. Is there a repair program I can
    >> download?

    > What files does it say are missing?

    Sorry - havn't got that computer here at present (big help) but about four
    different ones.
    Freddy, Nov 7, 2004
  4. Freddy wrote:
    > On windows 98, after removing a truckload of bugs, and a virus or two -
    > computer works fine apart from start up. Screen says various files are
    > missing. Repeatedly pushing enter gets it up and running. Unfortunately I
    > have not got any installation discs. Is there a repair program I can
    > download?

    If it are dll files, you can probably download them from the sites:

    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/index.shtml
    http://www.dynamiclink.nl/frames/dllindex.htmXLINTL32.dll
    http://www.dictacomm.com/Win_Dll/Default.htm (oudere dll's)

    Good luck

    Ad
    ad van de haar, Nov 7, 2004
  5. Freddy

    trout Guest

    Freddy wrote:

    > "Gray Ghost" <> wrote in message
    >> Freddy wrote:
    >>> On windows 98, after removing a truckload of bugs, and a virus or
    >>> two - computer works fine apart from start up. Screen says various
    >>> files are missing. Repeatedly pushing enter gets it up and running.
    >>> Unfortunately I have not got any installation discs. Is there a
    >>> repair program I can download?

    >> What files does it say are missing?

    > Sorry - havn't got that computer here at present (big help) but about
    > four different ones.

    Your course of action really depends upon the *exact* message text.
    The "missing" files could well just be things that were in the
    start-up, 'last time
    the computer looked' and are no longer *supposed* to be there (like
    components of malware that you've removed).
    In that case, you'd just clean-up the registry.
    --
    "Details, details, details."
    trout, Nov 7, 2004
  6. Freddy

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Freddy" <> wrote in message
    > On windows 98, after removing a truckload of bugs, and a virus or two -
    > computer works fine apart from start up. Screen says various files are
    > missing. Repeatedly pushing enter gets it up and running. Unfortunately I
    > have not got any installation discs. Is there a repair program I can
    > download?

    clean your registry

    win98 also has some *.ini files which also needs to be cleaned

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Nov 7, 2004