    not able to view them in the normal way....and if so how to locate and view
    them?
    Thanks. J
    John Brown, Jul 4, 2008

  2. John Brown

    Irwell Guest

    On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 13:11:51 +0100, John Brown wrote:

    > Hi, During vacation had pics from camera memory chip put onto CD...now home
    > and find only the first 100 of the 400 pics are on the CD.
    > Is there a possibility the missing 300 pics could be on the CD but I'm just
    > not able to view them in the normal way....and if so how to locate and view
    > them?
    > Thanks. J

    Try using a file recovery program like Recovery Manager from Sony, a free
    download.
    --

    ---
    7/4/2008 7:44:54 AM
    Irwell, Jul 4, 2008

  3. John Brown

    Matt Ion Guest

    John Brown wrote:
    > Hi, During vacation had pics from camera memory chip put onto CD...now home
    > and find only the first 100 of the 400 pics are on the CD.
    > Is there a possibility the missing 300 pics could be on the CD but I'm just
    > not able to view them in the normal way....and if so how to locate and view
    > them?
    > Thanks. J

    The disc was probably written as a multi-session CD, although any CD
    reader used in the last 8 years or so should be able to read those fine.
    How old is your computer? Have you tried the disc in a different
    computer?
    Matt Ion, Jul 4, 2008
  4. John Brown

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Irwell wrote:
    > On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 13:11:51 +0100, John Brown wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, During vacation had pics from camera memory chip put onto CD...now home
    >> and find only the first 100 of the 400 pics are on the CD.
    >> Is there a possibility the missing 300 pics could be on the CD but I'm just
    >> not able to view them in the normal way....and if so how to locate and view
    >> them?
    >> Thanks. J

    > Try using a file recovery program like Recovery Manager from Sony, a free
    > download.

    Doubt that would help for a cd. Who burned the cd, canon put files in a
    unique directory that will hold a given number of files, if your camera
    does similar, it's possible that if the chip held more than one
    directory, only one was copied.
    To check the complete contents of cd, use the free download isobuster.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Jul 4, 2008
  5. John Brown

    John Brown Guest

    "Matt Ion" <> wrote in message
    > John Brown wrote:
    >> Hi, During vacation had pics from camera memory chip put onto CD...now
    >> home and find only the first 100 of the 400 pics are on the CD.
    >> Is there a possibility the missing 300 pics could be on the CD but I'm
    >> just not able to view them in the normal way....and if so how to locate
    >> and view them?
    >> Thanks. J

    > The disc was probably written as a multi-session CD, although any CD
    > reader used in the last 8 years or so should be able to read those fine.
    > How old is your computer? Have you tried the disc in a different
    > computer?

    ===========
    If it was written as a multi-session CD can I tell this from the CD?
    PC is 2 years old
    John Brown, Jul 4, 2008
  6. John Brown

    Poldie Guest

    Matt Ion wrote:
    > John Brown wrote:
    >> Hi, During vacation had pics from camera memory chip put onto CD...now home
    >> and find only the first 100 of the 400 pics are on the CD.
    >> Is there a possibility the missing 300 pics could be on the CD but I'm just
    >> not able to view them in the normal way....and if so how to locate and view
    >> them?
    >> Thanks. J

    > The disc was probably written as a multi-session CD, although any CD
    > reader used in the last 8 years or so should be able to read those fine.
    > How old is your computer? Have you tried the disc in a different
    > computer?

    Also, and once you've tried everything else, see if a/the session hasn't
    been closed, and if so, close it. Then have a look.
    Poldie, Jul 4, 2008
  7. John Brown wrote:

    > Hi, During vacation had pics from camera memory chip put onto CD

    Do you mean card, which contains one or more chips?

    --
    Blinky
    Is your ISP dropping Usenet?
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 4, 2008
  8. John Brown

    John Brown Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > John Brown wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, During vacation had pics from camera memory chip put onto CD

    > Do you mean card, which contains one or more chips?

    ========
    I mean card - ref how many chips on the card don't know.
    Previous CD's I've just viewed in the usual way without problem...since this
    one only shows some of the pics I asked the guy to transfer and assuming he
    tried to put them all on I just wondered if on this occasion he had but some
    were hidden somehow...it was a reputable outlet...but in Vancouver and I'm
    now in UK :)
    John Brown, Jul 4, 2008
  9. John Brown wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> John Brown wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi, During vacation had pics from camera memory chip put onto CD

    >> Do you mean card, which contains one or more chips?

    > ========
    > I mean card - ref how many chips on the card don't know.

    It's not important to know how many. I was just pointing out that a
    card is not a chip, the same way a car is not a tire.

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 4, 2008
  10. John Brown

    Irwell Guest

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 12:38:12 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > John Brown wrote:
    >

    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Do you mean card, which contains one or more chips?

    >> ========
    >> I mean card - ref how many chips on the card don't know.

    > It's not important to know how many. I was just pointing out that a
    > card is not a chip, the same way a car is not a tire.

    But Blinky is a bore. Netnanny somewhere else.
    --

    ---
    7/4/2008 1:29:17 PM
    Irwell, Jul 4, 2008
  11. John Brown

    Guest

    On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 13:11:51 +0100, "John Brown" <> wrote:

    > Hi, During vacation had pics from camera memory chip put onto CD...now home
    > and find only the first 100 of the 400 pics are on the CD.
    > Is there a possibility the missing 300 pics could be on the CD but I'm just
    > not able to view them in the normal way....and if so how to locate and view
    > them?
    > Thanks. J

    They may have burnt the CD as a multisession disk. Get hold of a shareware program called CD&DVD Analyze.

    http://www.download.com/CD-DVD-Analyse/3000-2406_4-10552305.html
    , Jul 4, 2008
  12. Irwell wrote:

    > On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 12:38:12 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> John Brown wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> ========
    >>> I mean card - ref how many chips on the card don't know.

    >> It's not important to know how many. I was just pointing out that a
    >> card is not a chip, the same way a car is not a tire.

    > But Blinky is a bore. Netnanny somewhere else.

    You grossly misspelled, "Thanks for helping someone understand the
    hardware he is using a little better -- in only three lines, with no
    personal attacks."

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 5, 2008
  13. John Brown

    John Brown Guest

    "dwight" <> wrote in message
    > "John Brown" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi, During vacation had pics from camera memory chip put onto CD...now
    >> home and find only the first 100 of the 400 pics are on the CD.
    >> Is there a possibility the missing 300 pics could be on the CD but I'm
    >> just not able to view them in the normal way....and if so how to locate
    >> and view them?
    >> Thanks. J

    > I use a 2gigabyte card in my camera. If it was full, it would take three
    > CD-ROMs to copy out the contents.
    >
    > I don't know what camera or settings you're using. My own images (as JPG,
    > not RAW) average around 3MB each. At most, I would get around 225 on a CD.
    >
    > Is it possible that only the first 100 would even FIT on your CD?
    >
    > dwight

    -----------------------------------
    No, mine average about 1 mb/jpg file..plenty of space remaining.
    John Brown, Jul 5, 2008
  14. John Brown

    jimbok Guest

    On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 01:12:55 +0100, "John Brown"
    <> wrote:

    >"dwight" <> wrote in message
    >> "John Brown" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi, During vacation had pics from camera memory chip put onto CD...now
    >>> home and find only the first 100 of the 400 pics are on the CD.
    >>> Is there a possibility the missing 300 pics could be on the CD but I'm
    >>> just not able to view them in the normal way....and if so how to locate
    >>> and view them?
    >>> Thanks. J

    You might try placing the CD in its drive, opening Windows Explorer
    (assuming you are running Windows), then right clicking on the CD's
    drive letter and select "Properties" from the pop up context menu. If
    an additional folder was created on the CD, then right click on it and
    select "Properties." In one case or the other the total number of
    files (pics) will be given as will any sub folders that were created
    and the total file space occupied on the CD.
    If properties indicates there are more than the 100 viewable files
    (pics) then the remainder of the files should be available in the
    subfolders listed. If Properties only indicates that 100 files are
    available on the CD, then the missing pics were not burned to the CD.

    jimbok
    jimbok, Jul 5, 2008