    --
    Visit Flights Of Fantasy...
    http://eternity.home.comcast.net/

    ~*Eternity*~, Jan 5, 2004

  2. ~*Eternity*~

    Brian H¹© Guest

    ~*Eternity*~ said:

    > Had to do a system restore on my son's HP pavilion 503n running Windows XP.
    > When restarted, it is asking for a file
    > C:\sysprep\i386
    > Now, the computer came with XP preinstalled, so we don't have the disc.
    > Can anyone suggest anything to get the computer running again?
    > Thanks
    > Eternity

    You should have been given a system/restore disc from the shop/person you bought
    the pc from.

    Brian H¹©, Jan 5, 2004

  3. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    > ~*Eternity*~ said:
    >
    > > Had to do a system restore on my son's HP pavilion 503n running Windows

    XP.
    > > When restarted, it is asking for a file
    > > C:\sysprep\i386
    > > Now, the computer came with XP preinstalled, so we don't have the disc.
    > > Can anyone suggest anything to get the computer running again?
    > > Thanks
    > > Eternity

    > You should have been given a system/restore disc from the shop/person you

    bought
    > the pc from.

    Yes, I have contacted them and have been told they have a Windows XP CD that
    I can use, but that they cannot find the recovery CD for that machine.
    Hopefully, it will get it from that...
    Eternity

    ~*Eternity*~, Jan 5, 2004
  4. ~*Eternity*~

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    That should have given you the recovery cd, if I where you, I'd get them to
    find it.

    ErmYouKnow, Jan 5, 2004
  5. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    Trust me, I have been after them for 3 weeks to get it. They said they
    can't find it but they are looking...
    I had a feeling I would need it..I just KNEW as soon as that computer was
    paid off....
    Grrr!!
    Thanks
    Eternity

    ~*Eternity*~, Jan 5, 2004
  6. ~*Eternity*~

    Gordon BP Guest

    ~*Eternity*~ wrote:

    > Trust me, I have been after them for 3 weeks to get it. They said they
    > can't find it but they are looking...
    > I had a feeling I would need it..I just KNEW as soon as that computer was
    > paid off....
    > Grrr!!
    > Thanks
    > Eternity
    > "ErmYouKnow" <> wrote in message
    >> That should have given you the recovery cd, if I where you, I'd get them

    >> find it.
    >> "~*Eternity*~" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "Brian H" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message

    >> Windows
    >> > XP.

    >> disc.

    >> you
    >> > bought
    >> > >
    >> > Yes, I have contacted them and have been told they have a Windows XP CD

    >> that
    >> > I can use, but that they cannot find the recovery CD for that machine.
    >> > Hopefully, it will get it from that...
    >> > Eternity

    Sysprep is an automated XP disk imaging program. Perhaps if you post in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment someone might be able to tell
    you how to get round it.
    --
    Linux User at Home since 8 October 2001
    Registered Linux User no 240308

    Gordon BP, Jan 5, 2004
  7. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    "Gordon BP" <> wrote in message
    > ~*Eternity*~ wrote:
    >
    > > Trust me, I have been after them for 3 weeks to get it. They said they
    > > can't find it but they are looking...
    > > I had a feeling I would need it..I just KNEW as soon as that computer

    was
    > > paid off....
    > > Grrr!!
    > > Thanks
    > > Eternity
    > > "ErmYouKnow" <> wrote in message
    > >> That should have given you the recovery cd, if I where you, I'd get

    them
    > >> find it.
    > >> "~*Eternity*~" <> wrote in message

    > >> Windows
    > >> disc.

    shop/person
    > >> you

    CD
    > >> that

    machine.

    > Sysprep is an automated XP disk imaging program. Perhaps if you post in
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment someone might be able to tell
    > you how to get round it.

    Thanks! Will try that.
    Eternity

    ~*Eternity*~, Jan 5, 2004