Missing Emails

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Norman, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. Norman

    Norman Guest

    I have been having a problem with my email for the past week now. Many
    emails I have been expecting and I know for a fact have been sent to me have
    simply vanished. I use 3 different email addys , all sent email goes through
    my ISP's smtp server (ntl in the UK). For email received, my main account
    comes from ntl's pop3 server. the second 1 is through another ISP pop3 and
    the last from my domain host pop3 server.

    I have no message rules set up and no reason why I should not be receiving
    mail. Anytime I send a test email to these addresses it is fine.

    Any advise would be greatfully received.

    regards
    Norman

    ---
    Norman, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Norman

    °Mike° Guest

    Check with the senders that they have your correct address,
    and that they are typing it in correctly.

    On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:53:30 -0000, in
    <bqatfs$20agth$-berlin.de>
    Norman scrawled:

    >I have been having a problem with my email for the past week now. Many
    >emails I have been expecting and I know for a fact have been sent to me have
    >simply vanished. I use 3 different email addys , all sent email goes through
    >my ISP's smtp server (ntl in the UK). For email received, my main account
    >comes from ntl's pop3 server. the second 1 is through another ISP pop3 and
    >the last from my domain host pop3 server.
    >
    >I have no message rules set up and no reason why I should not be receiving
    >mail. Anytime I send a test email to these addresses it is fine.
    >
    >Any advise would be greatfully received.
    >
    >regards
    >Norman
    >

    >---

    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 29, 2003

  3. Norman

    Norman Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Check with the senders that they have your correct address,
    > and that they are typing it in correctly.

    Yep, I can assure you that everything is in order, I have received numerous
    emails from most of the senders in the past and others that have gone
    missing would merely be replying to my mail.

    Norman
    Norman, Nov 29, 2003
  4. Norman

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:08:25 -0000, in
    <bqaubq$203lcu$-berlin.de>
    Norman scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Check with the senders that they have your correct address,
    >> and that they are typing it in correctly.

    >Yep, I can assure you that everything is in order, I have received numerous
    >emails from most of the senders in the past and others that have gone
    >missing would merely be replying to my mail.
    >
    >Norman

    Then contact your ISP, and ask the senders to do the same.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 29, 2003
  5. Norman

    Norman Guest

    "Norman" <> wrote in message

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > > Check with the senders that they have your correct address,
    > > and that they are typing it in correctly.

    > Yep, I can assure you that everything is in order, I have received

    numerous
    > emails from most of the senders in the past and others that have gone
    > missing would merely be replying to my mail.
    >
    > Norman

    Actually, the fact that the pop3 is being received by 3 different servers
    for my 3 accounts , would this perhaps mean that it isn't the isp's problem?

    Norman
    Norman, Nov 29, 2003
  6. Norman

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:22:42 -0000, in
    <bqav6j$201drg$-berlin.de>
    Norman scrawled:

    >"Norman" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> > Check with the senders that they have your correct address,
    >> > and that they are typing it in correctly.

    >> Yep, I can assure you that everything is in order, I have received

    >numerous
    >> emails from most of the senders in the past and others that have gone
    >> missing would merely be replying to my mail.
    >>
    >> Norman
    >>

    >Actually, the fact that the pop3 is being received by 3 different servers
    >for my 3 accounts , would this perhaps mean that it isn't the isp's problem?
    >
    >Norman

    Why would it? I have numerous accounts, all with different
    servers; I can receive POP mail through any one ISP.

    To check whether O.E. is, or isn't, part of the equation, try
    checking your mail with Magic Mail Monitor:
    http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 29, 2003
  7. Norman

    Barry Guest

    I read somewhere during the last week that the Atlantic (I think) cable is
    faulty and added to the cable elsewhere (in the Pacific) that has not yet
    been repaired by the Americans, this has caused traffic to be reduced
    considerably. If only one cable was down the traffic would be re-routed but
    with two it's more of a problem.

    HTH

    Barry

    Barry, Nov 29, 2003
  8. Norman

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Wrong....it's the Canadians who refuse to don their wet suits and diving
    gear and go down into the atlantic and fix the International Cable.
    First thing you know they'll try to foist sattellite reception off onto
    the unwary users.:-O

    Juan Pérez, Nov 30, 2003
  9. Norman

    Norman Guest

    > I read somewhere during the last week that the Atlantic (I think) cable is
    > faulty and added to the cable elsewhere (in the Pacific) that has not yet
    > been repaired by the Americans, this has caused traffic to be reduced
    > considerably. If only one cable was down the traffic would be re-routed

    but
    > with two it's more of a problem.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Barry

    Thanks for the replies, I guess I will have to call my ISP's (extremely
    expensive!!) helpline. If it helps anyone put their finger on the problem
    sone mails during the early part of last wek was also being delayed by over
    12 hours.......but at least I received that!!

    Norman
    Norman, Nov 30, 2003
  10. Norman

    nemo Guest

    Norman,

    What happens if you send an email to yourself.

    Regards

    nemo

    nemo, Dec 1, 2003
  11. you recive it dirr
    "nemo" <> wrote in message
    > Norman,
    >
    > What happens if you send an email to yourself.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > nemo
    >
    > On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:53:30 -0000, "Norman" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I have been having a problem with my email for the past week now. Many
    > >emails I have been expecting and I know for a fact have been sent to me

    have
    > >simply vanished. I use 3 different email addys , all sent email goes

    through
    > >my ISP's smtp server (ntl in the UK). For email received, my main

    account
    > >comes from ntl's pop3 server. the second 1 is through another ISP pop3

    and
    > >the last from my domain host pop3 server.
    > >
    > >I have no message rules set up and no reason why I should not be

    receiving
    > >mail. Anytime I send a test email to these addresses it is fine.
    > >
    > >Any advise would be greatfully received.
    > >
    > >regards
    > >Norman
    > >

    > >---

    News==----