    Today both drives are gone????
    What's up???
    Can you help
    =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=, Nov 2, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Could be hardware (are your drives visible in the BIOS - cables tight? ) or
    software (did you uninstall or install new DVD related software - Nero
    Roxio)

    John Barnes, Nov 2, 2005

  3. I was go to suggest he file a report down at his local police station. ;)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 2, 2005
  4. I did attempt to install new codacs yesterday but chickened out and cancel
    install

    =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=, Nov 2, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Look in your system logs and see if you have any DVD related warnings

    John Barnes, Nov 2, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Where is Inspector Clouseau when you need him?

    John Barnes, Nov 2, 2005
  7. Ok... I have to go to msconfig and remove InCD from the start up to keep the
    thump sound windows makes when something is wrong. (from Nero Express) this
    has not cause any problems before and has worked perfect for two weeks
    I have verified the hardware ... it loads in bios

    I do have a strange icon showing on the desk top that says settings and in
    it is:

    My event viewer shows:
    there are a couple of errors that are coming from programs that I thought
    were deleted... but I'm unsure what this is:

    \systemRoot\sysWow64 Drivers uncdrm.sys has been block from loading due to
    incompatibility with this system

    and: \SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\inCdrec.sys have been block from loading
    die to incompatibility

    sorry if things are spelt wrong... typing with broken finger :)

    =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=, Nov 2, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=

    Kue2 Guest

    Did you install the kodak easyshare software that will delete your dvd
    drives,if you did use system restore to take you back to a working system.

    Kue2, Nov 2, 2005
  9. I did in fact install kodak easy share... I've use it all along... but got a
    new camera and dock... I'll give that a try.

    =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=, Nov 2, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If you can I would follow Kue2's advice at this point and do a System
    Restore. If you can't you will probably have to edit your registry to
    eliminate the items that are trying to load the two items you are having
    problems with.

    John Barnes, Nov 2, 2005
  11. Yeah!!!
    That did it... I used system restore to go back a past kodak and it worked.
    I had used system restore for a day thinking it was the codacs but it turned
    out to be Kodak not codacs....
    Thanks Kue2... couldn't have done it without you
    Op

    =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=, Nov 2, 2005