    Seagate SATA 300GB
    GeForce 7800GT

    It runs like a dream.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=, Nov 23, 2005

  2. Kue2 wrote:
    Did you install the kodak easyshare software that will delete your dvd
    drives? If you did use system restore to take you back to a working system.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 23, 2005

  3. No, I did not and I thought about what I read about some Sony CD's , But that
    wasn't the case either. It Doesn't matter anymore since I have everything
    runnig A1 again. But sometime somebody is going to run into the same problem.
    Eish

    =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=, Nov 23, 2005
  4. Would you like to share your solution in case someone does run into the
    problem?

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 23, 2005
  5. As i said, in lack of any solution, i had to format and re-install, but I
    will look closely to see what is the real solution.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=, Nov 23, 2005
  6. I suspect its something you installed on the system. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 23, 2005
  7. The only thing I installed was the latest Nvidia Graphics drriver 81.94?
    After re-installing XP x64 I installed 81.94 again without problems so far

    =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=, Nov 23, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    Somewhere down below, I remember a post about DVD drive entry appearing and
    dissappearing from Device Mangler. I don't recall if there was a definitive
    cause / resolution identified or not...

    M. Murcek, Nov 23, 2005
  9. This seems to have fixed the problem a couple of times.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 23, 2005
  10. Mine went missing in Vista x64 when I installed and then uninstalled MSN9.
    It happens.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 23, 2005
  11. Device "Mangler"? :)

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 23, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=

    Randy Guest

    Um,

    You installed MSN 9?
    What was your impression?
    I did the same on a Win200k Pro notebook. It got removed almost
    immediately...
    It tries doing too much that I don't *want* it doing. Went back to MSN 7,
    which I rarely use, but at least it allows me that luxury.

    Randy, Nov 24, 2005
  13. Remember, I was referring to optical drives that went missing on Vista due
    to a software installation, not x64. I was just saying stuff like that
    happens.

    Having said that, what happened was that all of my family member MSN
    subaccounts disappeared from their computers. After I figured out that my
    having installed MSN9 on my Vista test boxes was messing them up big time, I
    removed MSN9 from Vista. I was then able to restore the MSN9 subaccounts
    for them but I no longer had optical drives on either of the Vista boxes. I
    wound up having to reinstall Vista to get them back although now I know that
    there may have been other ways to do it.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 24, 2005