Missing Drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pasop64, Dec 4, 2008.

1. pasop64

pasop64

Hello, hope someone can help with this issue. Device manager is showing ATM Controller, Base System Device and Intel 8280 1DB/DBM SymBus Controller -24C3 SymBus 2.0 Driver in yellow. I've tried looking for the correct drivers but failing miserably. If I look up dxdiag its telling me that the manufacturer is HP Pavilion 06 and the System Model is DF133A-ABU a115 (whatever that means.) I've tried Google but that's a waste of time- even bought into Uni-Blue driver scanner to see if that might work- no such luck. Can any kind person put me on the right track? I don't even know what ATM controller or Base System Device actually is...
    pasop64, Dec 4, 2008
    1. Advertising

2. pasop64

bigal

I think these could be chipset drivers that you are missing. Do you have a disk for the motherboard? It usually contains a section for chipset drivers. Look at the motherboard manufacturer's site (the name of the motherboard should be silk screened on the board near the video or CPU sockets) for a driver set for your operating system (such as Vista or WinXP). You can also go into device manager and right-click the unconfigured devices and let Windows search on-line for driver updates. Sometimes this works.
    bigal, Dec 6, 2008
    1. Advertising

3. pasop64

pasop64

Thanks for gettin back to me bigal. :) This still has me baffled though. This old PC I am trying to sort out is an HP Pavilion a115.uk which I don't have a cd for. After squinting for ages I've found a name on the motherboard which says Micro Star Model MS 6577. I've tried looking for chipset drivers on the net for that but getting nowhere fast. I feel confused as to what I'm really looking for. It shows up as Other devices in Device manager with the yellow question mark. I want it sorted out because I'm experiencing "accelorator" glitches when watching & listening to handycam playback in Studio by Pinacle Systems- aside from that, and the apparent constant conflict with Active X when I run Registery Patrol, this PC works fine. Any ideas as to what I might do? I really don't want to have to buy Driver Detective, which so many sites keep leading me back to...
    pasop64, Dec 14, 2008
  4. pasop64

bigal

I looked at http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_list.asp?class=mb&cpu=1
    but I didn't see your model number. In one of the forum links I found when searching on "Micro Star Model MS 6577", I found this link below that might help you:

MS6577 Motherboards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.devhardware.com/forums/motherboards-32/msi-ms6577-rev-1t-36149.html

MSI were taken over by Micro Star, but this motherboard is used in Compaq computers. Such as Compaq model SR1109, from the SR 1000 Series. As I am new on this forum, I can't put the link in here for you. But if you find the HP support site, (they also make Compaq computers) Put in the search " Compaq SR1000 remember this is the series, so it will bring up a list of models in that series. (Remember to get the right country to eg SR1109uk, is obviously for the UK market. They take Intel Celeron D processors. There are a few revisions so get the right one.
    For drivers you can click on the link to the left of models page.
    bigal, Dec 14, 2008
    1. Advertising