    Location:
    Peterborough
    Hello, hope someone can help with this issue. Device manager is showing ATM Controller, Base System Device and Intel 8280 1DB/DBM SymBus Controller -24C3 SymBus 2.0 Driver in yellow. I've tried looking for the correct drivers but failing miserably. If I look up dxdiag its telling me that the manufacturer is HP Pavilion 06 and the System Model is DF133A-ABU a115 (whatever that means.) I've tried Google but that's a waste of time- even bought into Uni-Blue driver scanner to see if that might work- no such luck. Can any kind person put me on the right track? I don't even know what ATM controller or Base System Device actually is...
    pasop64, Dec 4, 2008

  2. pasop64

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I think these could be chipset drivers that you are missing. Do you have a disk for the motherboard? It usually contains a section for chipset drivers. Look at the motherboard manufacturer's site (the name of the motherboard should be silk screened on the board near the video or CPU sockets) for a driver set for your operating system (such as Vista or WinXP). You can also go into device manager and right-click the unconfigured devices and let Windows search on-line for driver updates. Sometimes this works.
    bigal, Dec 6, 2008

  3. pasop64

    pasop64

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    Peterborough
    Thanks for gettin back to me bigal. :) This still has me baffled though. This old PC I am trying to sort out is an HP Pavilion a115.uk which I don't have a cd for. After squinting for ages I've found a name on the motherboard which says Micro Star Model MS 6577. I've tried looking for chipset drivers on the net for that but getting nowhere fast. I feel confused as to what I'm really looking for. It shows up as Other devices in Device manager with the yellow question mark. I want it sorted out because I'm experiencing "accelorator" glitches when watching & listening to handycam playback in Studio by Pinacle Systems- aside from that, and the apparent constant conflict with Active X when I run Registery Patrol, this PC works fine. Any ideas as to what I might do? I really don't want to have to buy Driver Detective, which so many sites keep leading me back to...
    pasop64, Dec 14, 2008
  4. pasop64

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I looked at http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_list.asp?class=mb&cpu=1
    but I didn't see your model number. In one of the forum links I found when searching on "Micro Star Model MS 6577", I found this link below that might help you:

    MS6577 Motherboards

    http://www.devhardware.com/forums/motherboards-32/msi-ms6577-rev-1t-36149.html

    MSI were taken over by Micro Star, but this motherboard is used in Compaq computers. Such as Compaq model SR1109, from the SR 1000 Series. As I am new on this forum, I can't put the link in here for you. But if you find the HP support site, (they also make Compaq computers) Put in the search " Compaq SR1000 remember this is the series, so it will bring up a list of models in that series. (Remember to get the right country to eg SR1109uk, is obviously for the UK market. They take Intel Celeron D processors. There are a few revisions so get the right one.
    For drivers you can click on the link to the left of models page.
    bigal, Dec 14, 2008