    tool the file's name it comes up with nothing. I've no idea where these
    files go to?

    Any ideas?

    Chad S, Jul 15, 2007

  2. Chad S

    Guest

    , Jul 15, 2007

  3. Chad S

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:10:26 GMT, "Chad S" <>
    wrote:

    >I usually use a file sharing program that does not show up any of my
    >downloads, The file also seems to be missing and if I put into the search
    >tool the file's name it comes up with nothing. I've no idea where these
    >files go to?
    >
    >Any ideas?

    Hmm.. Yes. Try a different file sharing program.

    Evan Platt, Jul 15, 2007
  4. Chad S

    Chad S Guest

    I've tried that and nothing comes up, I'm guessing it must have deleted
    itself :-( But the other files seem to play but have no idea where they all
    are either!

    Chad S, Jul 15, 2007
  5. Chad S

    Chad S Guest

    Any specific one that you can recommend?

    Chad S, Jul 15, 2007
  6. Chad S

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:43:23 GMT, "Chad S" <>
    wrote:

    >Any specific one that you can recommend?

    Kind of hard to recommend one without knowing what one you use now
    that obviously doesn't work, but I've used Shareaza, works good.

    Evan Platt, Jul 15, 2007
  7. Chad S

    ded Guest

    "Chad S" <> wrote in message
    >I usually use a file sharing program that does not show up any of my
    >downloads, The file also seems to be missing and if I put into the search
    >tool the file's name it comes up with nothing. I've no idea where these
    >files go to?
    >
    > Any ideas?

    A pattern seems to be emerging in recent times where innocent
    posters will briefly detail the problem but keep secret the software?

    Your secret file sharing software may have a settings option
    This maybe accessible via the programs folder, and/or if it loads
    an icon in the system tray, by RIGHT clicking the icon you may
    find an option "Configure" or similar, whatever.....
    it is the settings that have set a default folder for your downloads.
    But the rest would be guesswork as you've kept the software a
    secret and you ain't telling......

    ded, Jul 15, 2007
  8. Chad S

    Guest

    Chad S wrote:
    > I've tried that and nothing comes up, I'm guessing it must have deleted
    > itself :-( But the other files seem to play but have no idea where they all
    > are either!

    You need to dig into the settings and see where the files are to be
    saved. Maybe you have a different drive like C:, D:, ect.

    , Jul 16, 2007
  9. Chad S

    Plato Guest

    Chad S wrote:

    > I usually use a file sharing program that does not show up any of my
    > downloads, The file also seems to be missing and if I put into the search
    > tool the file's name it comes up with nothing. I've no idea where these
    > files go to?

    That's no-no.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jul 16, 2007
  10. Chad S

    Gary Guest

    Chad S wrote:

    > I usually use a file sharing program that does not show up any of my
    > downloads, The file also seems to be missing and if I put into the search
    > tool the file's name it comes up with nothing. I've no idea where these
    > files go to?
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Perhaps in some 'unfinished' or temp-file?
    I have had a program which did the completed file
    in download in my documents (in Windows; I now
    use a better OS: PCLinuxOS. Superior to Windows).
    Good luck!

    Gary, Jul 17, 2007
  11. Chad S

    *alan* Guest

    That doesn't make any sense, Chad ---- I mean, how can "the other files"
    play when you have "no idea where they are"? How did you access them?

    *alan*, Jul 18, 2007
  12. Chad S

    *alan*, Jul 18, 2007
  13. Chad S