    Program Files\bridge.dll. It does not seem to interfere with anything (not
    yet). I have been unsuccessful in finding this missing dll file when doing a
    search. Can anyone advise me???
    Queenie, May 19, 2004

  2. Queenie

    ICee Guest

    Queenie wrote:
    > I had some "junk" downloaded to my program files, and in an effort to
    > get rid of it, I must have erroneously dumped a dll file. Now, when I
    > start up my pc, I get an error msg as follows: Error loading
    > C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\bridge.dll. It does not seem to
    > interfere with anything (not yet). I have been unsuccessful in
    > finding this missing dll file when doing a search. Can anyone advise
    > me???

    It's adware:

    Courtesy of °Mike°:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    ICee, May 19, 2004

  3. Queenie

    Plato Guest

    Queenie wrote:

    > I had some "junk" downloaded to my program files, and in an effort to get
    > rid of it, I must have erroneously dumped a dll file. Now, when I start up
    > my pc, I get an error msg as follows: Error loading C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded
    > Program Files\bridge.dll. It does not seem to interfere with anything (not

    http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/155.htm#2

    Well, your well off as the nasty has been removed. I'd search the
    registry and put in bridge.dll in search and delete all the keys that
    call for it. Hit F3 to find the next instance, and so on.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, May 19, 2004
  4. Queenie

    °Mike° Guest

    You have picked up Adware.WinFavorites
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.winfavorites.html

    On Wed, 19 May 2004 15:58:56 GMT, in
    <4vLqc.84018$>
    Queenie scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 19, 2004
  5. Queenie

    Scotty Guest

    Simply do a "google" search & download the file!

    Scotty, May 19, 2004