Missing display Adaptor Driver in Device Manager Vista64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?U29uaXNwaGVyZQ==?=, Aug 17, 2007.

  1. I installed Vista 64 business on a MacPro which has a 7300GT video card in it.
    Thi machine previously had XPhome without fault.

    Display went to 4bit color low rez.
    The 7300GT reported a lack of resources in device manager.

    I Found and IRQ conflict with PC express bus slot 3. Nothing was in this
    slot so I disabled it and rebooted.

    After restart display res was set to 1280 * 1024 no problem with 32bit color.

    I can not load console software for the video card (for multiscreen support)
    due the fact that although the 7300GT is working it has disappeared from the
    device manager list.

    If I recreate the IRQ conflict the driver reappears with the error but
    resolve the conflict its gone.

    the Forceware software says that it can not locate a compatible hardware and
    exits setup.

    Any idea why the display adaptor is not appearing in device manager although
    functioning in Vista business 64bit on a MacPro with a Nvidia 7300GT.

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?U29uaXNwaGVyZQ==?=, Aug 17, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U29uaXNwaGVyZQ==?=

    Theo Guest

    I assume you realize you're trying to run Vista on a
    motherboard that it was not intended for. Regardless of
    your success with XP Home, there is nothing guaranteeing
    success with any other version of Windows.

    Why are you running Vista on a Mac Pro? If you want Vista,
    why not use hardware intended for Windows?

    Otherwise, you really need to ask Apple why Vista won't run
    on their hardware!

    Theo, Aug 17, 2007

  3. Actually the mac is running my video editing software at incredible speeds I
    just need dual screens to work.

    In my profession of video editing I use various programs spread over both
    platforms and I love them both.

    If someone could help me get the dual screen working my world would be
    perfect.

    thank you for your comment though.

    =?Utf-8?B?U29uaXNwaGVyZQ==?=, Aug 18, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U29uaXNwaGVyZQ==?=

    Theo Guest

    Regardless of your reasons you're still dealing with a
    hardware issue and not a Windows operating system issue.

    I personally doubt you will find very people in this group
    that are trying to install Vista on Mac Pro hardware, thus
    putting the probability of finding a solution here somewhere
    between slim and none.

    I'm not trying to derogatory, but this is not an Apple Mac
    Pro hardware forum.

    Besides, I don't think a Mac Pro motherboard is any faster
    that a comparable Intel based motherboard intended to run
    Windows Vista. They use the same CPUs, so one board is not
    going to run faster than the other. The CPU and the memory
    are the horsepower.

    Theo, Aug 18, 2007
  5. Theo,

    You need to loosen up, smoke a joint or something. You take this computer
    thing to seriously. Its a tool to make money. Like a screw driver or a
    hammer.

    Do I really care if my screw driver has more torque than yours. No i don't.

    If this forum can help, it can help. If it can't then it can't . Nothing
    ventured nothing gained.

    As I said MAcPro is running Vista64 at blazing speeds. Comparing Apples to
    apples (pun intended) Vista64 with Sony Vegas software runs way faster than
    it did with XPhome on the same machine (probably due to the improved multi
    processsor support) and smokes. XP64 on my AMD Quad system or my dual XEON
    2.4 machine. The MacPro Hardware smokes them all.

    Yes I have been PC/windows user for all of my career. I don't play video
    games on any of these machines, they make money. I purchased the mac because
    it makes sense/cents to have the power of both great opperat.ing systems in
    one place.

    nVidia tech support is on the case and is in contact with me about it so I
    am not worried anyway.

    I will post the results here anyway incase someone else would like to
    benifit from using two great operating systems on one great Apple hardware.

    Love

    Sonisphere

    Don't hurt yourself calculating how much time you wasted reading my reply ;^)

    =?Utf-8?B?U29uaXNwaGVyZQ==?=, Aug 19, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?U29uaXNwaGVyZQ==?=

    Theo Guest

    Maybe "One More Bottle of Wine" would do the trick!!

    Theo, Aug 19, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?U29uaXNwaGVyZQ==?=

    Theo Guest

    And, if that doesn't work, the we'll try "Two More Bottles
    Of Wine" and see if that helps!

    Theo, Aug 19, 2007
  8. Now your talking my language. What is your favourite?

    Sonisphere....

    =?Utf-8?B?U29uaXNwaGVyZQ==?=, Aug 20, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?U29uaXNwaGVyZQ==?=

    Theo Guest

    I guess I'm just a peasant at heart. I prefer basic table
    wines, both red and white, to drink with my daily bread.

    Theo, Aug 20, 2007