    to reload ok i get error code 41 which tells me cant find the hardwear
    checked all the cables and plugs

    can some one help please
    Oscar the cat, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Oscar the cat

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Oscar the cat" <SMTownsend@"nospam wrote:
    > Hello people hopping someone can help
    > went to play a dvd last night the softwear runs but tells me that no
    > dvd is running
    > checked "my computer " no cd or dvd rom listed i have two
    > A std cd rom and a second dvd + rewriter both are showing in
    > hardwear profile but with the "yellow something is wrong icon " the
    > drivers appear to reload ok i get error code 41 which tells me cant
    > find the hardwear checked all the cables and plugs
    >
    > can some one help please

    Try a different IDE cable.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 28, 2003

  3. thanks misfit like the add been there done that

    Oscar the cat, Nov 29, 2003
  4. Oscar the cat

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Oscar the cat" <SMTownsend@"nospam wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com> wrote in message
    >> Oscar the cat" <SMTownsend@"nospam wrote:
    >>> Hello people hopping someone can help
    >>> went to play a dvd last night the softwear runs but tells me that no
    >>> dvd is running
    >>> checked "my computer " no cd or dvd rom listed i have two
    >>> A std cd rom and a second dvd + rewriter both are showing in
    >>> hardwear profile but with the "yellow something is wrong icon "
    >>> the drivers appear to reload ok i get error code 41 which tells me
    >>> cant find the hardwear checked all the cables and plugs
    >>>
    >>> can some one help please

    >> Try a different IDE cable.
    >>

    > thanks misfit like the add been there done that

    Ok, it was worth a try. You got it fixed yet? It's strange that both devices
    are showing as having a problem, that's why I thought maybe cable. Are they
    on the same IDE channel? If they are then it could be the IDE controller. Or
    an OS problem.

    Do you have two HDDs? If not try slaving one of the drives on the primary
    IDE channel and seeing if Windows still says it has a problem. Or remove one
    and see if the other comes right. I thnk you're going to have to play around
    with them a little to pin-point the problem.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 30, 2003