MIssing caller ID on voip.co.uk incoming calls

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by desgibbons@gmail.com, Feb 10, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Has anyone else noticed a good percentage of incoming international
    calls on voip.co.uk have their callerid missing and just the 00 (or +)
    presented?

    I noticed this started around the 8th of December.

    It seems to be intermittent, get a call without the caller id, later
    get the caller id presented from the same caller.

    If it makes a difference the 2 main ones I have noticed it on are
    incoming from Ireland and New Zealand.

    I don't think I had a single missing CLID from these countries before
    the 8th of December, but since then it seems to be at most 50%.

    The CLID is missing from the Voip.co.uk website too, so it isn't an
    issue with my equipment.

    voip.co.uk don't think it is a problem, so I was just wondering if
    anyone else has any issues?

    Cheers, Des.

    , Feb 10, 2007

  2. Scope Guest

    wrote:
    > Has anyone else noticed a good percentage of incoming international
    > calls on voip.co.uk have their callerid missing and just the 00 (or +)
    > presented?

    Calls from the States have NEVER carried the CLID through, be it phone
    or website, ever.. I also get a number of calls from Norway and with the
    exception of the last phone call I recieved (last week) the CLID has
    always come through - last week it didnt.

    Scope, Feb 10, 2007

  3. On 10 Feb 2007 10:11:50 -0800, wrote:

    >Has anyone else noticed a good percentage of incoming international
    >calls on voip.co.uk have their callerid missing and just the 00 (or +)
    >presented?
    >

    >I noticed this started around the 8th of December.
    >
    >It seems to be intermittent, get a call without the caller id, later
    >get the caller id presented from the same caller.
    >
    >If it makes a difference the 2 main ones I have noticed it on are
    >incoming from Ireland and New Zealand.
    >
    >I don't think I had a single missing CLID from these countries before
    >the 8th of December, but since then it seems to be at most 50%.
    >
    >The CLID is missing from the Voip.co.uk website too, so it isn't an
    >issue with my equipment.
    >
    >voip.co.uk don't think it is a problem, so I was just wondering if
    >anyone else has any issues?
    >
    >Cheers, Des.

    I have noticed a small number of UK calls not having caller ID and as
    far as I am aware, this was not blocked. Just "00" was displayed.

    Steve in Herts, Feb 11, 2007
  4. Herman Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone else noticed a good percentage of incoming international
    > calls on voip.co.uk have their callerid missing and just the 00 (or +)
    > presented?
    >

    > I noticed this started around the 8th of December.
    >
    > It seems to be intermittent, get a call without the caller id, later
    > get the caller id presented from the same caller.
    >
    > If it makes a difference the 2 main ones I have noticed it on are
    > incoming from Ireland and New Zealand.
    >
    > I don't think I had a single missing CLID from these countries before
    > the 8th of December, but since then it seems to be at most 50%.
    >
    > The CLID is missing from the Voip.co.uk website too, so it isn't an
    > issue with my equipment.
    >
    > voip.co.uk don't think it is a problem, so I was just wondering if
    > anyone else has any issues?
    >
    > Cheers, Des.

    I don't receive many incoming international through voip.co.uk. However a
    recent call from NZ presented OK.

    Herman, Feb 19, 2007