    the chip? Or should I just replace the motherboard?
    Thanks
    Matt

    M. lane, Oct 8, 2003

  2. M. lane

    Buffalo Guest

    "M. lane" <> wrote in message
    news:dzLgb.211$...
    > I assembled a system for a Guy about 2 years ago. Every thing has worked
    > great on the system until he wanted to add some ram. What was in the

    system
    > was 128 MB in the first slot, he added 256 MB to the second slot and it
    > didn't work, system would not recognize all of it according to him. So on
    > someone's advice, He flashed his BIOS. I am quite certain this BIOS flash
    > was not meant for his motherboard. Instead of correcting his "imaginary
    > problem", he created a real one because now he has no BIOS.
    > My question: is there a way of getting a new copy of his old BIOS back in
    > the chip? Or should I just replace the motherboard?
    > Thanks
    > Matt

    Check this site:
    http://www.badflash.com/main.html

    There are others.
    What is the MB make and model. Some have a built in safeguard.
    If there is a similar mb handy, a 'hot' flash can usually be made.
    Do a Google search for more info.

    Buffalo, Oct 8, 2003

  3. M. lane

    M. lane Guest

    "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@noBS.nada> wrote in message

    > "M. lane" <> wrote in message
    > > I assembled a system for a Guy about 2 years ago. Every thing has worked
    > > great on the system until he wanted to add some ram. What was in the

    > system
    > > was 128 MB in the first slot, he added 256 MB to the second slot and it
    > > didn't work, system would not recognize all of it according to him. So

    on
    > > someone's advice, He flashed his BIOS. I am quite certain this BIOS

    flash
    > > was not meant for his motherboard. Instead of correcting his "imaginary
    > > problem", he created a real one because now he has no BIOS.
    > > My question: is there a way of getting a new copy of his old BIOS back

    in
    > > the chip? Or should I just replace the motherboard?
    > > Thanks
    > > Matt
    > >

    > Check this site:
    > http://www.badflash.com/main.html
    >
    > There are others.
    > What is the MB make and model. Some have a built in safeguard.
    > If there is a similar mb handy, a 'hot' flash can usually be made.
    > Do a Google search for more info.

    Thanks for the reply, there are some good places to start searching.

    M. lane, Oct 8, 2003