    Category: none
    Event ID: 111
    Silent Running: HW clock slowdown due to missing Auxiliary Power.
    quantumburnz, Mar 7, 2006

  2. quantumburnz

    DP Guest

    You're not on a laptop, right?

    DP, Mar 7, 2006

  3. quantumburnz

    quantumburnz Guest

    Nope, deffinately a desktop with a P4 630 (3.0 Ghz) and 1GB RAM with a 300W
    ATX Allied Power Supply.

    quantumburnz, Mar 7, 2006
  4. quantumburnz

    John Barnes Guest

    I have seen a similar warning when the video card (Nvidia) is slowed (I get
    this occasionally when the temperature in the computer room is low and I use
    a hair dryer thru one of the fan ports for about 1 manure to warm it up.
    Works for me and avoids the message. The Auxiliary power cable is plugged
    into the motherboard. I previously upgraded from a 430w ps to a 600w ps and
    that made no difference.

    John Barnes, Mar 7, 2006
  5. quantumburnz

    John Barnes Guest

    Just to clarify, the SLI auxiliary video power cable is plugged in
    (required, even though I don't have a second video card) and I warm it up
    before I turn on the computer. Never have the message when it has been
    warmed.

    John Barnes, Mar 7, 2006
  6. quantumburnz

    Martin S. Guest

    Did you plug the power directly into the power connector on the video card,
    if available?

    Martin S., Mar 7, 2006
  7. quantumburnz

    quantumburnz Guest

    Haha, how funny. I'm looking at the video card right now and apparently I
    forgot to plug the power to the video card back in, I've been working on
    another computer and I switched out the video card. I guess I forgot to
    plug it back in, thanks!

    quantumburnz, Mar 7, 2006
  8. quantumburnz

    Martin S. Guest

    Glad it's working now! :)

    Martin S., Mar 8, 2006
  9. Wow! That's a new one, never yet heard of warming up the internals. Must try
    that once, I get those messages too once in a while, mostly (not always)
    when booting in the morning. Always thought I'd too many devices plugged in
    from one outlet. Just today I put the PC's power cord in it's own outlet!

    Thanks for the note about the PSU, that may save me an upgrade.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 8, 2006
  10. quantumburnz

    John Barnes Guest

    That is when I have to warm mine. The case fan opening is across from the
    video
    card and mobo, so I am not sure which needs to be warmed. Both ps were
    quality >$125 power supplies and didn't make a difference.

    John Barnes, Mar 8, 2006