    deleted the hiber.fil.

    I can not find the 5 GB and it is making me crazy.

    Any ideas?
    J Cormier, Aug 5, 2009

  2. J Cormier

    Wonderman Guest

    Delete your restore points in Disk Cleanup.

    Wonderman, Aug 5, 2009

  3. J Cormier

    J Cormier Guest

    I looked and Disk Cleanup is no longer part of the installtion.

    J Cormier, Aug 5, 2009
  4. Well, 20 GB isn't 20 GB, for one. That good old 1024 factor gets in the way.
    Then there are restore points, etc. From my calculations, you're missing
    less than 3 GB, and that could well be in restore or other super-hidden OS
    related stuff.

    Honestly, 20 GB is way too small for anything except a Server Core
    installation.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 5, 2009
  5. J Cormier

    J Cormier Guest

    Charlie,

    Can you tell me how I can access the restore points? I have looked on the
    web for information pertaining to system restore points but I can not find
    anything for Win2K8.

    Thanks.

    J Cormier, Aug 5, 2009
  6. J Cormier

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Check recycler bin size.
    Right click on it and navigate through its properties.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 5, 2009
  7. J Cormier

    J Cormier Guest

    Nothing in there.

    J Cormier, Aug 5, 2009
  8. J Cormier

    Wonderman Guest

    Open a command prompt as admin. and type cleanmgr and go from there.

    Wonderman, Aug 5, 2009
  9. Hello,
    This is server right?
    No system restore on server so there shouldn't be any restore points,
    however shadow copy may be enabled.
    Right click on the drive in Explorer and look for the Previous Versions tab.
    Anything listed there?
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Aug 6, 2009