    manager tells me they are working properly.
    Can anyone help me gain use of these two rogue drives in XPx64?
    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmllIFY=?=, Jul 12, 2007

  2. What controller are the missing drives connected to? Is the controller
    visible in Device manager?

    The issue with Promise contollers is that RAID works OK, but standalone
    devices may not work. It's a problem with the drivers.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 12, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmllIFY=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I would also check in Computer Management/Disk Management to see if they are
    there and not assigned a drive letter.

    John Barnes, Jul 12, 2007
  4. The DVD is on Secondary IDE and the HDD is on the Promise IDE (my board has 3
    IDE ports).
    I had no problems installing the HDD on the Promise IDE in XP-32, just had
    to enable it in the BIOS and it was pretty much plug and play.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmllIFY=?=, Jul 13, 2007
  5. I wish it was that easy...
    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmllIFY=?=, Jul 13, 2007
  6. Drivers for 32-bit are not the same as on 64-bit. I strongly suspect you're
    going to need to contact Promise or your mobo mfg for updated drivers.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 13, 2007
  7. I already had all the 64-bit drivers, they installed and appeared to be
    working correctly. But due to a motherboard revision number i was not aware
    of, it turns out i had the wrong driver. Found the correct driver and all is
    working smoothly. Thanks for all your help.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmllIFY=?=, Jul 14, 2007