    the attributes by typing attrib +h +r +s system.dat and attrib +h +r +s
    user.dat.
    I did all the above to no avail Thanks in advance
    Dog, Dec 3, 2005

  2. Dog

    Dog Guest

    fixed ithe Incd file but problem still exists.
    "Dog" <> wrote in message
    > system is XP Pro, 1 gig Mem, 80 gig hd.
    > When I start system up I get a Error message as follows. MISSING INCD FILE
    > Cannot connect to file system. Incd service not running.
    > I can get my email, hook up to Internet. When I want to look in my start
    > folder a little flashlight just keeps on looking and I have to X out to

    use
    > comp again. When I right click,start,Explore, Start Menu,. I only see

    about
    > one quarter of the files. I cannot use my CD,DVD,E or A drives,. Can

    anyone
    > tell me what is possibly wrong or any help is especially needed. Before

    this
    > all happened I was surfing net and found a place showing how to back up

    the
    > registry thinking this was a good idea I done the following and now I am
    > having problems.
    > This is the instructions I followed.
    > " To make a manual backup of your Registry, while in C:\Windows, type
    > attrib -h -r -s system.dat and attrib -h -r -s user.dat user.bac. Now

    reset

    Dog, Dec 3, 2005

  3. Dog

    nos1eep Guest

    On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 17:38:22 -0500, "Dog" <> chewed
    somnambulantly over a chucker-full cup of spasm and bleated:

    <"Dog" <> wrote in message
[...]
    Did you try system restore?
    __

    -nos1eep
    nos1eep, Dec 3, 2005
  4. Dog

    Dog Guest

    I tried system restore back a month to no avail

    Dog, Dec 4, 2005