Mismatching of downloads with manual data

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Jim, Jan 1, 2006.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    I suppose there might be "no answer". But just wondering if anyone
    has an idea why...

    I manually enter my checks when written (so that the payees are
    properly recording in my ledger. If I don't money always records the
    same payee to downloaded checks, the one in the last ledger entry for
    a numbered check). Then when I download (via qif file), Money (2005)
    matches the downloads with the manual entries. And I've never seen it
    err before.

    However today it decided that the match for a manually entered
    numbered check (not yet cashed in reality), dated 12/22/05 , was a
    cash withdrawal, from a teller, made on 12/30/05, for the same amount.
    I Didn't catch it immediately and accepted the match, and so I had to
    delete that transaction. Then when I imported the same file, it still
    did not recognize it properly, but assigned it as an unnumbered check,
    with a payee matching the most recent one before that for a numbered
    check. (It always does this payee silliness, which is why I took to
    manually entering check #s so it wouldn't do so.

    Any ideas what happened, or should I just chalked it up to the
    vagaries of qif files?

    TIA Jim

    Jim, Jan 1, 2006

  2. Jim