    messages, at first a figure like 2 or 3 will appear beside my address, which
    then changes to something less, say 1 or even 0, which is all I get.

    Please, why does this happen?

    vascat, Jan 10, 2004

  2. vascat

    SLP Guest

    "vascat" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Some times when I go to download
    > messages, at first a figure like 2 or 3 will appear beside my address,

    which
    > then changes to something less, say 1 or even 0, which is all I get.
    >
    > Please, why does this happen?

    It may be an email from someone you've added to the 'blocked senders' list -
    it's download from the server, but then deleted by your email program.

    SLP

    SLP, Jan 10, 2004

  3. vascat

    Irony Alert Guest

    "vascat" <> wrote in message
    > Some times when I go to download
    > messages, at first a figure like 2 or 3 will appear beside my address,

    which
    > then changes to something less, say 1 or even 0, which is all I get.
    >
    > Please, why does this happen?

    That's your killfile at work.

    --

    The Usenet Irony Alert
    Serving alt.fan.art-bell since 2003

    Felony case "02-CR-0617 9/1/03: Oregon Department of
    Justice V. Raymond Ronald Karczewski, Defendant.

    "The defendant's name is NOT copyrighted."

    Irony Alert, Jan 10, 2004
  4. "vascat" <> wrote in message
    > Some times when I go to download
    > messages, at first a figure like 2 or 3 will appear beside my address,

    which
    > then changes to something less, say 1 or even 0, which is all I get.
    >
    > Please, why does this happen?

    If you have some senders in your filter/killfile, that's what's happening.
    It's deleting themfor you.

    And/or... if you're talking about just news groups, then it may also be your
    news server: that it's dropping posts.

    Cathy

    ("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

    Cathy Friedmann, Jan 10, 2004