    Am I on the right path? I would I like to send the traffic to a port
    so I can put a packet sniffer on that port and log the traffic.
    Thanks.
    Robeast, Apr 20, 2007

  2. Robeast

    Smokey Guest

    Robeast wrote:
    > I would like to have the traffic from all of the ethernet ports (on my
    > Catalyst 2950) also sent to a monitor port. Can this be done? I've
    > seen a command like - (config)# monitor session 1 destination
    >
    > filter
    >
    > source
    >
    > Am I on the right path? I would I like to send the traffic to a port
    > so I can put a packet sniffer on that port and log the traffic.
    > Thanks.

    It is called SPAN (Switch Port Analyzer)

    HTH
    Smokey, Apr 20, 2007

  3. Robeast

    Arthur Brain Guest

    Robeast wrote:
    > I would like to have the traffic from all of the ethernet ports (on my
    > Catalyst 2950) also sent to a monitor port. Can this be done? I've
    > seen a command like - (config)# monitor session 1 destination
    >
    > filter
    >
    > source
    >
    > Am I on the right path? I would I like to send the traffic to a port
    > so I can put a packet sniffer on that port and log the traffic.
    > Thanks.

    Yeah, this drives me crazy - every switch seems to be slightly
    different.

    I seem to recall last time I tried this on the 2950, I discovered I
    could only have one monitor session at a time - it was probably an old
    IOS or something, because the doco seems to say I should be able to
    have multiple sessions:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a00804762da.html
    Arthur Brain, Apr 24, 2007