    XP 'desktop' with the new LCD. I want to go back to the mirrored image,
    rather than the shared desktop, but I haven't found any answers by searching
    help at Microsoft. If you know and can share, thanks in advance,,Greg
    Greg Peterson, Dec 12, 2006

  2. Greg Peterson

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:48:14 -0800, "Greg Peterson" <> wrote:

    >After plugging in a LCD into my dell laptop, I had a mirror image of the
    >desktop being displayed on the screen of my laptop. The display between
    >both was the same, including mouse movement. But I decided to 'share' my
    >XP 'desktop' with the new LCD. I want to go back to the mirrored image,
    >rather than the shared desktop, but I haven't found any answers by searching
    >help at Microsoft. If you know and can share, thanks in advance,,Greg

    Rick click on the desktop. Click settings. Click '2'. Uncheck 'extend my desktop'

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    Barry OGrady, Dec 12, 2006

  3. Greg Peterson wrote:
    > After plugging in a LCD into my dell laptop, I had a mirror image of the
    > desktop being displayed on the screen of my laptop. The display between
    > both was the same, including mouse movement. But I decided to 'share' my
    > XP 'desktop' with the new LCD. I want to go back to the mirrored image,
    > rather than the shared desktop, but I haven't found any answers by searching
    > help at Microsoft. If you know and can share, thanks in advance,,Greg

    Just go back into the display properties (right click on the desktop,
    properties) click on the second screen, and uncheck the box that says
    "Extend my desktop onto this screen" or something to that effect. Might
    have to click around a bit to find it, sorry I can't be more detailed, I
    have no windows box handy atm.

    HTH
    Jordan
    Jordan Greenberg, Dec 12, 2006
  4. Jordan, I thank both you and Barry for your feed back. The problems seems
    to be that XP does not go back to mirror mode, it just does not start
    displaying
    to the external LCD after unchecking the "Extend my desktop". Oh well thank
    you anyway :)
    Greg

    **

    Greg Peterson, Dec 13, 2006