    backup DVD for the tv now? Sigh.

    cheers

    Lawrence
    Lawrence Bullock, May 13, 2004

  2. Lawrence Bullock

    el stinky Guest

    Lawrence Bullock wrote:
    > My little Mintek 5 inch portable DVD player has a problem, it seems.
    > No screen image. I can play it fine through the tv but the monitor is
    > gone. (Actually , you can see the image but it's so dark it's
    > virtually black.)
    >
    > Even not hooked up to a television you can hear the sound but the
    > monitor seems to be kaputski.
    >
    > It's been sitting in a box for months. I never used it but twice
    > before that.
    >
    > Any suggestions (the warranty has expired)? Should I just consider it
    > a backup DVD for the tv now? Sigh.
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > Lawrence

    sound slike the LCD light is burned out... could there be a switch to turn
    "off" the lcd for use with an external monitor?
    el stinky, May 13, 2004

  3. "el stinky" <> wrote in message
    > Lawrence Bullock wrote:
    > > My little Mintek 5 inch portable DVD player has a problem, it seems.
    > > No screen image. I can play it fine through the tv but the monitor is
    > > gone. (Actually , you can see the image but it's so dark it's
    > > virtually black.)
    > >
    > > Even not hooked up to a television you can hear the sound but the
    > > monitor seems to be kaputski.
    > >
    > > It's been sitting in a box for months. I never used it but twice
    > > before that.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions (the warranty has expired)? Should I just consider it
    > > a backup DVD for the tv now? Sigh.
    > >
    > > cheers
    > >
    > > Lawrence

    > sound slike the LCD light is burned out... could there be a switch to turn
    > "off" the lcd for use with an external monitor?

    No, someone on alt.video.dvd.tech suggested that, and I looked, but there is
    no switch. But it was nice to have something to try. As for the LCD light
    being burnt out, how would that happen? I mean, I haven't used the thing
    hardly at all.

    cheers

    LB
    Lawrence Bullock, May 13, 2004