    they are not, and must be manually moved around. There used to be a FF
    extension that you could install that would allow you to right-click and fix
    this, but it is not compatible with FF 2.0.

    History Fan, Oct 25, 2006

  2. History Fan wrote:
    > Still testing the new FF 2.0. Overall, it seems like a nice
    > improvement. The inline spell checking is great.
    >
    > However, I wish FF 2.0 would copy one feature that IE 7 has: when new
    > search plug-ins are added, they are listed alphabetically. With Firefox,
    > they are not, and must be manually moved around. There used to be a FF
    > extension that you could install that would allow you to right-click and fix
    > this, but it is not compatible with FF 2.0.

    Well, FF 2.0 has been around all of maybe 5 hours, officially.

    Your extension may get updated in a week or so.

    Have you tried contacting the creator of the extension, to see if an
    update is in the works?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 25, 2006

  3. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > Well, FF 2.0 has been around all of maybe 5 hours, officially.
    >
    > Your extension may get updated in a week or so.
    >
    > Have you tried contacting the creator of the extension, to see if an
    > update is in the works?
    >
    > Lee

    Here is what the author said on this subject at the Search Engine
    Ordering extension page:

    <<No, this extension will never be compatible with Firefox 2. The main goal
    of rearranging the engines is already available there. I'm about to develop
    some extensions to add the additional functionality of Search Engine
    Ordering, but don't expect these to be out to soon!>>

    History Fan, Oct 25, 2006
  4. History Fan wrote:
    >> Well, FF 2.0 has been around all of maybe 5 hours, officially.
    >>
    >> Your extension may get updated in a week or so.
    >>
    >> Have you tried contacting the creator of the extension, to see if an
    >> update is in the works?
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Here is what the author said on this subject at the Search Engine
    > Ordering extension page:
    >
    > <<No, this extension will never be compatible with Firefox 2. The main goal
    > of rearranging the engines is already available there. I'm about to develop
    > some extensions to add the additional functionality of Search Engine
    > Ordering, but don't expect these to be out to soon!>>

    Oh Good Heavens, I hadn't looked. Drop down the list of your search
    engines, to the left of the Search Bar. At the bottom of the list,
    click Manage Search Engines. You can drag and drop to reorder them.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 25, 2006
  5. History Fan

    Andy Luddy Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    > Still testing the new FF 2.0. Overall, it seems like a nice
    > improvement. The inline spell checking is great.
    >
    > However, I wish FF 2.0 would copy one feature that IE 7 has: when new
    > search plug-ins are added, they are listed alphabetically. With Firefox,
    > they are not, and must be manually moved around. There used to be a FF
    > extension that you could install that would allow you to right-click and fix
    > this, but it is not compatible with FF 2.0.

    Seems kind of like FF vs. OE in a nutshell. OE picks what it considers
    helpful (in this case, sorting), and if that's what you want, great, but
    if it isn't, too bad. FF leaves it alone, lets you fix it yourself by
    hand, or "there's an extension that does that".

    --
    Andy Luddy
    Perform appendectomy to reply

    Andy Luddy, Oct 25, 2006