Minolta Z-6 lowest priced super camera ....

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by werty@swissinfo.org, Apr 29, 2006.

  1. Guest

    What i don't like is carring 20 AA's in my pocket .

    I did not find anything serious with the Z-6 , Natch , if it was
    serious
    it would not sell !

    If you use the VU finder only , you get good battery life
    from alkalines or nimh .
    But using LCD will kill alkalines but not nimh !

    Never use LCD for both shooting and reviewing your shots
    you can get twice ( or more ) the battery life .

    It still is a three handed camera , requiring you to both set ISO
    speed and set to A and stop it down max to do ordinary photography .
    I'm shooting indoors off my PC's LCD and is leave it on ISO 320 , so
    i must reduce to ISO 100 and stop down to f8 ! It is very sensitive in
    low
    light .
    It should have less buttons .
    One to rotate thru ALL functions , and it stays where you leave it .
    another button to rotate thru the "sub" categories of each high first
    level
    function .

    Now i can find something then use 2nd button to rotate thru
    lower level subs ..

    Now if i [ hold ] the button it will flash and change to the new
    function .
    But if i like the old selection , my mind can switch to the next
    task
    and when i hit ANY button in that new task , it flashes the OLD
    selection/ setting as an affirmation/reminder !

    Not enuf computer software today that remind us !

    In the future we will download to a PDA w/ 60 GB HDD .
    Sharp has a 6GB but still NO UHP ( = USB ) software !

    My X-drive 6230 $260 ( 60 GB HDD )

    is crap , won't do .wav's , nor MPG-2 ( Z-6 output) nor
    progressive JPG's ,
    It deletes your stuff cause it "overflows" the numbering system it
    uses !
    You can't move a file to another folder for it may have the same name
    !
    You can't rename files !

    BTW where to dnload

    USA street maps ? Using a buddies PC w/ Linux and his browser
    ( Konquerer ) don't work .

    ( the internet uses I.E. >6 or Netscape or Opera(7?)
    ONLY , don't try to use ANYTHING else !)
    , Apr 29, 2006

  2. Roy G Guest

    Despair Setting In

    <> wrote in message

    > What i don't like is carring 20 AA's in my pocket .
    >
    > I did not find anything serious with the Z-6 , Natch , if it was
    > serious
    > it would not sell !
    >
    > If you use the VU finder only , you get good battery life
    > from alkalines or nimh .
    > But using LCD will kill alkalines but not nimh !
    >
    > Never use LCD for both shooting and reviewing your shots
    > you can get twice ( or more ) the battery life .
    >
    > It still is a three handed camera , requiring you to both set ISO
    > speed and set to A and stop it down max to do ordinary photography .
    > I'm shooting indoors off my PC's LCD and is leave it on ISO 320 , so
    > i must reduce to ISO 100 and stop down to f8 ! It is very sensitive in
    > low
    > light .
    > It should have less buttons .
    > One to rotate thru ALL functions , and it stays where you leave it .
    > another button to rotate thru the "sub" categories of each high first
    > level
    > function .
    >
    > Now i can find something then use 2nd button to rotate thru
    > lower level subs ..
    >
    > Now if i [ hold ] the button it will flash and change to the new
    > function .
    > But if i like the old selection , my mind can switch to the next
    > task
    > and when i hit ANY button in that new task , it flashes the OLD
    > selection/ setting as an affirmation/reminder !
    >
    > Not enuf computer software today that remind us !
    >
    > In the future we will download to a PDA w/ 60 GB HDD .
    > Sharp has a 6GB but still NO UHP ( = USB ) software !
    >
    > My X-drive 6230 $260 ( 60 GB HDD )
    >
    > is crap , won't do .wav's , nor MPG-2 ( Z-6 output) nor
    > progressive JPG's ,
    > It deletes your stuff cause it "overflows" the numbering system it
    > uses !
    > You can't move a file to another folder for it may have the same name
    > !
    > You can't rename files !
    >

    > BTW where to dnload
    >
    > USA street maps ? Using a buddies PC w/ Linux and his browser
    > ( Konquerer ) don't work .
    >
    > ( the internet uses I.E. >6 or Netscape or Opera(7?)
    > ONLY , don't try to use ANYTHING else !)

    What an unhappy bunny.

    No questions asked, so no help forthcoming.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Apr 30, 2006