    God! Why is it always so hard!?
    Can anyone tell how to emulate it for Win7 and to
    get some sort of driver?
    Peter Jason, Nov 23, 2012

  2. Peter Jason

    Peter Jason Guest

    On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 16:44:35 +1100, Peter Jason
    <> wrote:

    >My old scanner worked under XP but I can't get it
    >working on Windows 7 SP1.
    >http://www.konicaminoltasupport.com/DiMAGE-Scan-Eli.3232.0.html
    >It cost a fortune in 2003 and now I need it again
    >to scan some old slides.
    >God! Why is it always so hard!?
    >Can anyone tell how to emulate it for Win7 and to
    >get some sort of driver?

    False alarm. I found a driver on
    http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/how-to-run-old-minolta-scanners-on-vista-7_topic80321.html
    And it works.
    Deo Gratias!
    Peter Jason, Nov 23, 2012

  3. Peter Jason <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 16:44:35 +1100, Peter Jason
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>My old scanner worked under XP but I can't get it
    >>working on Windows 7 SP1.
    >>http://www.konicaminoltasupport.com/DiMAGE-Scan-Eli.3232.0.html
    >>It cost a fortune in 2003 and now I need it again
    >>to scan some old slides.
    >>God! Why is it always so hard!?
    >>Can anyone tell how to emulate it for Win7 and to
    >>get some sort of driver?

    >False alarm. I found a driver on
    >http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/how-to-run-old-minolta-scanners-on-vista-7_topic80321.html
    >And it works.
    >Deo Gratias!

    For the benefit of anyone else who needs to get an old scanner to work
    on a newer version of Windows, there is always Ed Hamrick's Vuescan:
    http://www.hamrick.com/
    Anthony Polson, Nov 23, 2012
  4. Anthony Polson <> writes:

    >Peter Jason <> wrote:

    >>On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 16:44:35 +1100, Peter Jason
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>My old scanner worked under XP but I can't get it
    >>>working on Windows 7 SP1.
    >>>http://www.konicaminoltasupport.com/DiMAGE-Scan-Eli.3232.0.html
    >>>It cost a fortune in 2003 and now I need it again
    >>>to scan some old slides.
    >>>God! Why is it always so hard!?
    >>>Can anyone tell how to emulate it for Win7 and to
    >>>get some sort of driver?

    >>False alarm. I found a driver on
    >>http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/how-to-run-old-minolta-scanners-on-vista-7_topic80321.html
    >>And it works.
    >>Deo Gratias!

    >For the benefit of anyone else who needs to get an old scanner to work
    >on a newer version of Windows, there is always Ed Hamrick's Vuescan:
    >http://www.hamrick.com/

    I'll second the recommendation for Vuescan. Works great on Windows XP,
    Windows 7 and my Ubuntu Linux machines. Support and updates are fantastic.
    Jeffery Small, Nov 24, 2012
  5. Peter Jason

    Peter Jason Guest

    On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 04:50:38 GMT,
    (Jeffery Small) wrote:

    >Anthony Polson <> writes:
    >
    >>Peter Jason <> wrote:

    >>>False alarm. I found a driver on
    >>>http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/how-to-run-old-minolta-scanners-on-vista-7_topic80321.html
    >>>And it works.
    >>>Deo Gratias!

    >>For the benefit of anyone else who needs to get an old scanner to work
    >>on a newer version of Windows, there is always Ed Hamrick's Vuescan:
    >>http://www.hamrick.com/

    >I'll second the recommendation for Vuescan. Works great on Windows XP,
    >Windows 7 and my Ubuntu Linux machines. Support and updates are fantastic.

    I'm not having any luck with it. I'm trying to
    get my Canon "CanoScan 9900F" May 2004 model
    working, but it won't "recognize the scanner" on
    either the USB or the 1394 socket. I take it
    that the Hamrick software works instead of the
    CanoScan's.
    http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/canon_9900f.html
    Peter Jason, Nov 26, 2012