    know you cannot put much faith in magazine reviews so I am asking your opinion.

    Thanks
    FWP

    Powellfw, Dec 25, 2003

  2. I own a Scan Elite II from Minolta and I'm very pleased with it.
    I know this doesn't answer your question but my particular point
    is that I recommend buying only slide-scanners with an infrared
    channel and the Scan Dual III does not have it.
    Minolta calls this feature "ICE" or "ICE2". Other brands use other
    names but the principle is the same. The infrared channel is used
    to determine dust and scratches and the software will automatically
    eliminate those from the picture. Highly recommended. I would
    never buy a slide-scanner without that feature again.

    Martin

    "Powellfw" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I am thinking of replacing my HP S-20 film scanner. I like the HP but it

    cannot
    > pull detail out of the shadows. I have seen some "reviews" in photo mags

    where

    Martin Doppelbauer, Dec 26, 2003