    I'm considering getting the Minolta S414. Anybody here got one? Is it a good
    buy?

    Gav

    Gav, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Gav

    Ian Burley Guest

    Excellent value only £259 via our affiliate Internet Cameras Direct - see

    http://www.dp-now.com/shopping/shopping.html#icd

    ...which is a steal for a 4MP, 4x optical zoom camera of the S414's calibre.
    It's not a compact camera but it's quick to use and excellent in terms of
    image quality.

    Bad news is that they are currently in very short supply, at least from
    dealers offering them at decent prices.

    Ian

    --
    Digital Photography Now
    UK-based digital photo Web magazine

    Ian Burley, Jul 22, 2003

  3. Gav <>, with thought and
    calculation, said in rec.photo.digital:

    > I'm considering getting the Minolta S414. Anybody here got one? Is
    > it a good buy?
    >
    > Gav

    I just bought it from Amazon after reading many, many reviews of
    satisfied people. Most said it was definitely a good value for money.
    Complaints included tripod mount off the center of gravity, neck strap
    in the way of card compartment, lenscap not attached, things like that,
    but no complaints about the quality or speed. So, I bit the bullet.
    There are some less expensive merchants, but Amazon is running a $50
    gift certificate promo for a $250 purchase in electronics. I intend to
    use that when I get it to purchase either a card upgrade or
    rechargeable battery set (have to wait a few weeks so they know you
    aren't going to return the camera).

    --
    Brandy  Alexandre®
    http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx