    these takes better pictures? Which is less complicated or more
    versatile? Does anyone find the lithium battery has particular
    disadvantages over the NiMh? Thanks for any advice.

    Anderson, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Anderson

    JK Guest

    Anderson wrote:

    > Looking to replace my Kodak DC280. I've been reading the reviews of
    > both. I did a google search but didn't find any comparisons of these two
    > cameras. I don't really care about the movie mode. I take mostly family
    > pictures and macros of flowers.

    Get the Olympus C5050 instead. It is a bit more expensive, but well
    worth it.

    > I have read a few negative reviews of
    > the Canon, especially it's lens quality. The main reason I was
    > interested in the Canon is the smaller size and lighter weight,

    A small camera usually means a slow lens(lets little light in) at
    the telephoto end, which means that you probably won't be
    able to take photos indoors without using a flash or tripod.
    The lens on the S45 is f4.9 at max telephoto, which is quite
    slow. I would love to have a shirt pocket sized camera with
    a fast zoom lens, however they don't seem to exist.

    JK, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Anderson

    Guest

    Anderson <mmandersonsurfsthenet@REMOVETHESEWORDSyahooDOTcom> wrote in message news:<3F268E18.1030200@REMOVETHESEWORDSyahooDOTcom>...
    > Does anyone find the lithium battery has particular
    > disadvantages over the NiMh?

    LiIon needs special charger, so it does not come in standard sizes, e.g., AA.

    LiIon has several years life, whether you use it or not. NiMH's life is much longer.

    http://digitcamera.tripod.com/

    , Aug 5, 2003
  4. Anderson

    Sebastian Guest