    Attention Minolta...danger affairs..
    Hi
    Germano
    germano, Aug 5, 2004

  2. "germano" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I dont know Minolta price policy.An OLD 6 mpx sensor (why not 8?) have
    > the same price as 2 Canon dslr 300d body .
    > AS system so fantastic...?
    > Attention Minolta...danger affairs..
    > Hi
    > Germano

    I haven't seen a price yet, but the camera is more camera thn the Drebel
    Darrell Larose, Aug 5, 2004

  3. germano

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >> I dont know Minolta price policy.An OLD 6 mpx sensor (why not 8?) have
    >> the same price as 2 Canon dslr 300d body .
    >>
    >> Attention Minolta...danger affairs..

    >From: "Darrell Larose"
    >
    >I haven't seen a price yet, but the camera is more camera thn the Drebel

    If $1,600 is the right price the question becomes "is it more camera than the
    10D"? And if the rumors are true that the 10D replacement will have 8 Mpix at
    a slightly higher price then the Canon looks even better.

    The Minolta will likely appeal mainly to folks with a hefty investment in
    Minolta lenses for their 35 mm systems. It's unlikely many Nikon or Canon
    users would switch systems to buy into this. Who knows what the newbies will
    be buying, but it sure looks like Canon and Nikon have more to offer at this
    point.

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Aug 5, 2004
  4. germano

    Douglas Guest

    First off,8mp does not always mean better than 6mp! I have tried most of the
    new 8mp cameras,and none are making me sorry I have Nikon D70s and a Canon
    10D! As for the "anti-shake",have you priced the stabilised Canon lenses?
    There can be as much as the cost of the Minolta in extra cost,for 1 lens!If
    Minolta can use "as" in all of its lenses,$1600 would be a bargain.I have a
    pretty large collection of Minolta AF lenses.I,for one,will jump on it!I
    have never liked the Rebel,and even a 8mp Rebel for $800,would not make me
    take out my check book!
    Douglas, Aug 5, 2004
  5. (germano) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I dont know Minolta price policy.An OLD 6 mpx sensor (why not 8?) have
    > the same price as 2 Canon dslr 300d body .
    > AS system so fantastic...?
    > Attention Minolta...danger affairs..

    Seems like they should go for at least 10MP to stay competive with the
    older, sub-$1000 DSLRs. The 10MP SD9 (13MP recorded, using less
    interpolation than a Bayer) is going up in price, but its still less
    than half the price of the $1600 Minolta.
    George Preddy, Aug 7, 2004
  6. germano

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: (George Preddy)

    >The 10MP SD9....

    You misspelled "3.4MP."
    Annika1980, Aug 7, 2004
  7. germano

    Nostrobino Guest

    "Douglas" <.> wrote in message news:...
    > First off,8mp does not always mean better than 6mp! I have tried most of

    the
    > new 8mp cameras,and none are making me sorry I have Nikon D70s and a Canon
    > 10D! As for the "anti-shake",have you priced the stabilised Canon lenses?
    > There can be as much as the cost of the Minolta in extra cost,for 1

    lens!If
    > Minolta can use "as" in all of its lenses,$1600 would be a bargain.I have

    > pretty large collection of Minolta AF lenses.I,for one,will jump on it!I

    Same here. I probably won't be first in line--I'm in no hurry and can wait
    for the next model or so with the almost inevitable bug fixes, firmware
    upgrades and feature enhancements. But a Minolta dSLR is definitely in my
    future. I have loads of Maxxum lenses that haven't been doing much of
    anything lately.
    Nostrobino, Aug 7, 2004
  8. germano

    Alan Browne Guest

    germano wrote:

    > I dont know Minolta price policy.An OLD 6 mpx sensor (why not 8?) have
    > the same price as 2 Canon dslr 300d body .
    > AS system so fantastic...?
    > Attention Minolta...danger affairs..
    > Hi
    > Germano

    1. The price isn't out.
    2. The camera, based on the overachieving Maxxum (Dynax) 7 is
    well beyond the 300D.
    3. The Maxxum/Dynax 7 has one of the fastest AF's of all SLR's.
    4. The digital Maxxum will have integrated anti-shake so the
    benefits accrue to all lenses.
    5. This is the first (real) digital SLR from Minolta, more will
    come at a lower price point later on.
    6. For the Minolta user with a large collection of high end
    lenses, the price of the body is not as important as having a
    digital SLR to mount them to.

    Alan Browne, Aug 9, 2004
  9. germano

    Alan Browne Guest

    George Preddy wrote:

    > (germano) wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >>I dont know Minolta price policy.An OLD 6 mpx sensor (why not 8?) have
    >>the same price as 2 Canon dslr 300d body .
    >>AS system so fantastic...?
    >>Attention Minolta...danger affairs..

    > Seems like they should go for at least 10MP to stay competive with the
    > older, sub-$1000 DSLRs. The 10MP SD9 (13MP recorded, using less
    > interpolation than a Bayer) is going up in price, but its still less
    > than half the price of the $1600 Minolta.

    What an ass you are Preddy. If Sigma had released the 9D/10D in
    a Minolta mount they would have sold more bodies to that
    population than the total Sigma population to date.

    And that's 3.4 Mpix for the Stigma.

    Alan Browne, Aug 9, 2004
  10. "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message
    > germano wrote:
    >
    > > I dont know Minolta price policy.An OLD 6 mpx sensor (why not 8?) have
    > > the same price as 2 Canon dslr 300d body .
    > > AS system so fantastic...?
    > > Attention Minolta...danger affairs..
    > > Hi
    > > Germano

    > 1. The price isn't out.
    > 2. The camera, based on the overachieving Maxxum (Dynax) 7 is
    > well beyond the 300D.
    > 3. The Maxxum/Dynax 7 has one of the fastest AF's of all SLR's.
    > 4. The digital Maxxum will have integrated anti-shake so the
    > benefits accrue to all lenses.
    > 5. This is the first (real) digital SLR from Minolta, more will
    > come at a lower price point later on.
    > 6. For the Minolta user with a large collection of high end
    > lenses, the price of the body is not as important as having a
    > digital SLR to mount them to.

    I have heard a rumour from the local Konica-Minolta rep of a possible Maxxum
    70 based Rebel class camera as well. Minolta did catch the photo industry by
    surprise with the original Maxxum.
    Darrell Larose, Aug 9, 2004
  11. germano

    Alan Browne Guest

    Darrell Larose wrote:

    > I have heard a rumour from the local Konica-Minolta rep of a possible Maxxum
    > 70 based Rebel class camera as well. Minolta did catch the photo industry by
    > surprise with the original Maxxum.

    A recent newsletter from Minolta has solely the Maxxum/Dynax 7
    based d-camera cited and only the most vague references to a
    follow on model.

    Alan Browne, Aug 9, 2004
  12. germano

    Nostrobino Guest

    > Darrell Larose wrote:
    >
    > > I have heard a rumour from the local Konica-Minolta rep of a possible

    Maxxum
    > > 70 based Rebel class camera as well. Minolta did catch the photo

    industry by
    > > surprise with the original Maxxum.

    > A recent newsletter from Minolta has solely the Maxxum/Dynax 7
    > based d-camera cited and only the most vague references to a
    > follow on model.

    Not surprising, as Minolta has always done that with SLRs. First the
    high-end prosumer model, then only after the marketing advantages of that
    have been taken is there any hint of lower-priced models. Makes sense.
    Nostrobino, Aug 9, 2004
  13. germano

    Paul Coen Guest

    On 8/8/2004 7:41 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
    > beyond the 300D.
    > 3. The Maxxum/Dynax 7 has one of the fastest AF's of all SLR's.

    And, just to remind people, that's the state of affairs four years after
    its introduction. That's no small feat. The Maxxum 7 was introducted at
    Photokina 2000.
    Paul Coen, Aug 10, 2004
  14. "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message
    > Darrell Larose wrote:
    >
    > > I have heard a rumour from the local Konica-Minolta rep of a possible

    Maxxum
    > > 70 based Rebel class camera as well. Minolta did catch the photo

    industry by
    > > surprise with the original Maxxum.

    > A recent newsletter from Minolta has solely the Maxxum/Dynax 7
    > based d-camera cited and only the most vague references to a
    > follow on model.

    We'll have to wait for Photokina for an official announcement.
    Konica-Minolta reps have mentioned that the 7 will have to have an econo
    model or they'll lose sales to the new usd $900 Pentax dSLR, and rumours
    that Canon will slash the 300D to compete.

    Photokina will be interesting...

    My predictions;

    UP&S digitals with wider lenses, I think we may even see at least one with a
    24mm equivalent lens. The Pentax dSLR has already been confirmed by Pentax.

    A 5 or 6 MP Digital Stylus (weather proof)

    Canon officially showing the 10D replacement, Maybe a Canon 3D (EOS 3 body)

    Nikon discontinuing the D100, and it's replacement
    Darrell Larose, Aug 10, 2004