    what are your thoughts on its strengths or weakness
    thanks jerry
    remove no spam to e mail

    JSN61, Feb 24, 2004

  2. JSN61

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on 24 Feb 2004 18:57:36 GMT,
    ospam (JSN61) wrote:

    >what are your thoughts on its strengths or weakness

    "Google is your friend."
    <http://groups.google.com/groups?q=dimage+z1>

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Feb 24, 2004

  3. JSN61

    Chris Oates Guest

    "JSN61" <> wrote in message
    > what are your thoughts on its strengths or weakness
    > thanks jerry

    Not pocketable - you need a case
    Works well in auto mode but has all the manual
    settings you'd ever need
    Very plasticky but therefore light
    Nice to hold & controls like +/- EV easy to
    use while shooting
    Very fast & has good burst modes
    Good macro mode
    Good flash
    Good battery life
    Good zoom - surprised me
    Takes nice pictures even in low light
    & white balances well
    Can purple fringe high contrast shots
    but stopping down the lens fixes that

    A pal has a Canon A70 which is nice but I'm glad I got the Z1

    Chris Oates, Feb 24, 2004
  4. JSN61

    Craig Bailey Guest

    My opinions... FWIW...

    Excellent low power consumption (i can get hundreds of shots out of
    alkalines when my NiMH's are all flat).
    Can put AA alkalines in it for emergencies when other batts are flat. (Can't
    do that with a proprietary battery pack.)
    Zoom is nice and powerful.
    Controls are easily placed and the flash button on the top can be re-mapped
    for convenient functions other than just flash.
    The movie function is *awesome* - full 30fps rate and at 640x480 is
    excellent (but who buys a still camera to take video anyway?).
    Can keep shooting movies till the memory is full - that's up to around 12 or
    15 minutes on a 256meg card!
    Even though it's "plasticky" it has a nice handgrip and feels ok to shoot
    with.
    It plugs into any computer (except win95/8 apparently) without drivers and
    appears in windows as a disk drive. (I love mass storage devices that don't
    need drivers - the Delkin Picture Pad is the same).
    Takes easily obtainable SD/MMC cards.

    Startup time is less than 2 seconds.
    Can take up to 10 shots per second.

    Bad things:
    the chrome/shiny plastic finish rubs off rapidly - leaving beige plastic
    showing through.
    Battery door feels weak. I'm worried the batteries are going to burst out
    one day.
    It's a little large for a normal pocket or bum-bag, but I guess that's the
    tradeoff for a good size optical zoom.

    -Craig.

    Craig Bailey, Feb 24, 2004