  1. Does anybody know whether the AF illuminator on the Program Flash 3600
    should work when used with a Minolta DiMAGE Z1 camera? Or with the 2500?

    Hans Geurtsen.

    Hans Geurtsen, Oct 5, 2003

  2. In the mean time I found out the answer to my own question and maybe
    its relevant to other Minolta Digital Camera owners as well.

    The official Minolta answer is that none of their digital cameras
    support the AF illumunator on any of their flash devices. The reason
    they give is that the CCD is too sensitive.

    I think this is a pitty as the DiMAGE Z1 has definitely trouble in
    applying the AF in low light conditions. This is already the case in a
    normal lit livingroom or restaurant. So in my opinion you definitely
    need the AF illuminator. Of course you can swith to manual focus, but
    I don't like the way that works on the Z1. Also with manual in low
    light conditions, it's not easy to tell wether your picture will be
    sharp... Besides all this, why do other digital camera manufacturers,
    like Canon on the G3, do have AF illuminator lights??

    Hans.

    Hans Geurtsen, Oct 27, 2003