    Is there any Minolta or other software that will just process all the
    negatives/slides in one shot?

    Thanks, Doug
    Doug Cunningly, Sep 14, 2005

  2. "Doug Cunningly" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns96D19BA072009lokivalhallaorg@207.217.125.201...
    > I bought one of these used.
    >
    > It's operational, but there doesn't seem to be any software for it other

    than
    > the TWAIN drivers. It's supposed to be able to scan 2 slides or 3

    negatives
    > in one shot, but when I tried importing through photoshop, there was only

    an
    > option for one picture at a time.
    > Is there any Minolta or other software that will just process all the
    > negatives/slides in one shot?
    > Thanks, Doug

    I've had one of these from new, and although I've scanned hundreds of
    slides, can not recall any option to scan more than 1 slide or negative at
    one time - unless half-frame negatives(<g>).
    Years ago, I downloaded updated software from the Minolta website - no idea
    whether it's still available.
    --
    M Stewart
    Milton Keynes, UK
    Malcolm Stewart, Sep 14, 2005

  3. "Malcolm Stewart" <> wrote in

    > "Doug Cunningly" <> wrote in message
    >> I bought one of these used.
    >>
    >> It's operational, but there doesn't seem to be any software for it other

    > than
    >> the TWAIN drivers. It's supposed to be able to scan 2 slides or 3

    > negatives
    >> in one shot, but when I tried importing through photoshop, there was only

    > an
    >> option for one picture at a time.
    >> Is there any Minolta or other software that will just process all the
    >> negatives/slides in one shot?
    >> Thanks, Doug

    > I've had one of these from new, and although I've scanned hundreds of
    > slides, can not recall any option to scan more than 1 slide or negative at
    > one time - unless half-frame negatives(<g>).
    > Years ago, I downloaded updated software from the Minolta website - no idea
    > whether it's still available.

    Apparently it's the Dual II and Multi models that can read more than one
    negative. Although it says the APS lets you use an index to know which photo
    you're scanning.

    Thanks, Doug
    Doug Cunningly, Sep 15, 2005
  4. I assume you've got a SCSI card in your PC?
    I found that using a fast SCSI card (i.e. faster than the Minolta specified
    one) speeded scanning times quite a bit with no other changes to hardware.

    --
    M Stewart
    Milton Keynes, UK
    Malcolm Stewart, Sep 15, 2005
  5. "Malcolm Stewart" <> wrote in

    > I assume you've got a SCSI card in your PC?
    > I found that using a fast SCSI card (i.e. faster than the Minolta specified
    > one) speeded scanning times quite a bit with no other changes to hardware.

    No, I have an adaptec SCSI in there and it's scanning fine. It scans in about
    45 seconds, no faster or slower when scanning a b&w 8Meg negative or a color
    slide at 24 Meg.

    There doesn't seem to be any Minolta software that will scan and immediately
    save the file, like there was in the old Polaroid scanner that I had. I need
    to use Photoshop or some other program to acquire the file, but it doesn't
    save directly. I don't know if Photoshop loses any detail in its processing,
    but would rather go direct and then deal with photoshop later if necessary.
    Doug Cunningly, Sep 15, 2005
  6. "Doug Cunningly" <> wrote in message

    > There doesn't seem to be any Minolta software that will scan and

    immediately
    > save the file, like there was in the old Polaroid scanner that I had. I

    need
    > to use Photoshop or some other program to acquire the file, but it doesn't
    > save directly. I don't know if Photoshop loses any detail in its

    processing,
    > but would rather go direct and then deal with photoshop later if

    necessary.

    Yes, that's how it works, via Photoshop where you can save as psd or jpg
    etc.
    You'll soon clutter your hard drive... Good luck.
    I've used a batch converter (Irfanview) to go from psd to jpg so that I can
    view my (not in a 1000 years) masterpieces in a slideshow format, along with
    jpegs from other sources.
    --
    M Stewart
    Milton Keynes, UK
    Malcolm Stewart, Sep 15, 2005
  7. "Malcolm Stewart" <> wrote in

    > Yes, that's how it works, via Photoshop where you can save as psd or jpg
    > etc.
    > You'll soon clutter your hard drive... Good luck.
    > I've used a batch converter (Irfanview) to go from psd to jpg so that I
    > can view my (not in a 1000 years) masterpieces in a slideshow format,
    > along with jpegs from other sources.
    > --
    > M Stewart
    > Milton Keynes, UK
    > http://www.megalith.freeserve.co.uk/oddimage.htm

    Thanks for the advice. It's doing fine so far on my vintage 70s / 80s
    black and white negatives. Doug
    Doug Cunningly, Sep 16, 2005